Afan - W2 or Skyline?

gregwari
gregwari Posts: 230
edited September 2012 in Routes
We have one day to get to Afan (about 3.5 hours each way) and ride either W2 or Skyline and get home. I've not ridden either so not sure which one to do. Any advice?

Cheers

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I think W2. I've not done it but Ive done all the trails independently, and Skyline is, well, a bit dull for a reasonable length. Im going on Wednesday next week if that happens to be your choice of day.... The other benefit is that you will get a stop at one of the cafe's half way round!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    w2 most definately...the skyline is just dull with the only real good bits coming in the last 2km.

there's some nice sections on whites and some awesome bits of singletrack on the wall, join them together and you have an amazing trail in w2 :D

if you have facebook i'd check out cognations page first just to check on closures and diversions first as i know there's been a lot lately
  • Nice one, thanks guys. Ben - going in a few weeks time but thanks for the offer
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    As everyone has said, lots of closures at the moment....

I rode at Afan this weekend (The Wall and a shortened Skyline) and both had sections closed but were still good fun. Some buddies did Whites Level before I got there and apparently the final descent was closed, pushing people down the Skyline one instead.

Hope that helps! :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc