Bib shorts, what's the crack?

bigharj
bigharj Posts: 78
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Apart from that they appear to stop others from looking at the 'crack' of your rear, what are the advantages and why should I get a pair?

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Well they're more comfortable, offer better "support" for your cash and prizes, they stay put thus eliminating chaffing, the chamois will almost always be better quality, and they look badass and will get you all the chicks.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Several good reasons:
    They keep your back draught free when your jersey rides up
    They keep the pad in the correct place better because of the shoulder support
    The waist band of normal shorts can dig into your tummy area whilst bent over for long periods
    They insulate your tummy from any cold wind as you cycle
    They look really cool :D
  • Without the shirt you look like a WWF wrestler. What more do you want? :D
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    They're also nicely slimming, avoiding that "muffin-top" look

muffin-top-minimiser.jpg
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Wrath Rob wrote:
    They're also nicely slimming, avoiding that "muffin-top" look

muffin-top-minimiser.jpg

save it for the bottom bracket! The 'Big girls in' thread needs some new content!
  • I've upgraded from padded shorts to bib shorts lately.

Given they are a similar price, they are a thousand times better. They stay in place, more comforable, hide your arse...and you look like a wrestler when topless.
    Canyon AL Ultimate 9.0
  • the only downside is when you need a quick slash or a cable layer, they also keep some vitals a bit warmer(kidneys)
  • fatdaz
    fatdaz Posts: 348
    I resisted for a year - couldn't see the point and had a great laugh at my mates' expense whenever they had to stop for a piss. Eventually bought a pair after people in the crowd at a triathlon had a right old laugh at the sight of my displayed crevice (chief cheerleader being my missus). Would never go back now as I find they are more comfortable particularly on longer rides. And who doesn't want to look like Big Daddy from time to time?
  • i find them more comfortable
    i don't have to pull them up or worry about pulling my jersey down
    going for a wee isn't that bad
  • charliew87 wrote:
    and you look like a wrestler when topless.

This