Just got an Edge 800 some q's

s1mon
s1mon Posts: 618
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Hi,

Recently got a Edge 800 just the base unit put a few routes on it and started to follow one and it kept beeping and displaying some info, I think when I was approaching a turn and when I went of course.

Done a reset othe unit and I've now put the City Navigator UK maps on, followed another route tonight but it never beeped or displayed anything while on the route apart from when I went off the route.

Is it something I've turned off ?

Another thing how many screens do you use and what do you have displayed on them ? I can't decide what I want mine to show :lol:

Thanks.

Comments

• Settings-System-Routing-Calculate routes for Bicycle-Guidance method Off road-Lock on road NO-Recalculate PROMPTED.

That's how i've got it set and it works for the nav. I have the map on normally, but sometimes flick into data to see current speed/km etc.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Guidance method "off-road" just gives a line as the crow flies on mine with city navigator.

Main page for me is speed, HR and cadence. It is also nice to know how far the next turn is and gradient and of course all the averages and maximums. I would advise against using the virtual partner, it's dangerously distracting IMHO. Also, if it loses the signal while it's calculating the route it won't give you directions, you have to do it again
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    I've found you need to go into settings or info on each course and activate turn by turn directions to be on. Then the garmin brings the map up when approaching a turn and goes back to info screen when through. Very handy, you don't need to touch it.
  • Hi, I have an Edge 700 - but it's started loosing satellite (sp?) signals about a half hour into my ride- I'm wondering if a re-set would do any good. My screen usually has HR Zone, speed (mph) and distance.

Mx
    FCN: Brompton: 12, Tourer: 7, Racer: 4

http://www.60milestonod.blogspot.com
  • s1mon
    s1mon Posts: 618
    Stueys wrote:
    I've found you need to go into settings or info on each course and activate turn by turn directions to be on. Then the garmin brings the map up when approaching a turn and goes back to info screen when through. Very handy, you don't need to touch it.

Yep that worked :) I also found this http://www.trilondon.com/how-to/mapping ... rmin-edge/ which mentions it.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Happens automatically for me now, maybe you need to update the firmware.
    Smarter than the average bear.