NEC Cycle Show 2012

Sniper34d
Sniper34d Posts: 8
edited September 2012 in MTB general
Hey all,

The official website lists plenty of exhibitors showing the latest gear for 2013... But are there plenty of stands selling parts etc at good prices?

Cheers

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Buggered if I'm paying to get into a shop.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • HAHA I know what you're saying... but some shows can save you £££ for the sake of a £15 ticket thanks to all the stands selling stuff at trade prices.

I just don't know if that will be the case for this show... hence my post:)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Nope unless you like overpriced roadie stuff. It's not trade prices.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Theres normally some bargains, but its not a discount paradise. Best stands are usually the Madison one, which has rediculous sale clothing, and some other bargains too, and then some other various bits and bobs. Last year at the London show the NRG4 stand was selling absolute bargain bling (alloy jockey wheels with sealed bearings, £10, etc.). However, madison arent there and looking through the list I see only NRG4 and actioncameras who are on my hit list of possible bargain stands.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Went last year and there wasn't much actually on sale apart from a couple of standards near the exit selling tat + discounted Oakleys. Most of the big manufacturers there are just exhibiting, some might take an order but you wouldn't be walking away with anything on the day.
    Quite a good day out nonetheless but I won't be going back unless seriously looking at a new bike and trying to narrow down some options.