Carrera Vulcan 2012

Benz carrera
Benz carrera Posts: 146
edited September 2012 in MTB general
Hello anyone got a carrera Vulcan 2012 black white and green I'm new to this and was just wondering what to keep an eye on and any upgrades worth doing?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Keep an eye on all of it! Bikes need checking and maintaining.

Ride it for a while then think about upgrades.
  • Cheers mate It sounds stupid but I'm trying to wheelie or manual and it's not happening any tips or is this bike to heavy?
  • supersonic
    All about balance - and practice!
  • Thanks mate I will keep trying any tips wud b cool about anything u going cycle show n.e.c
  • supersonic
    Practice on short grass - soft landing ;-). Cover the back brake if you go too far, and experiment with the gearing.

Not going to the NEC myself.
  • Is the nec cycle show any good do u no? Haha thanks mate
  • FunBus
    FunBus Posts: 394
    Manuals are far more difficult than wheelies (for us, unaturally talented riders anyway).

As above, just practice on a grassy hill, pointing upwards. Use your pedal force to lift your front wheel and you'll be able to feel the point to balance......falling off the back WILL happen, but just get used to getting your feet down in time. Do it again and again and again, then one day you'll be able to balance and wheelie like a trooper.

The Cycle Show is normally ok - depends what you want to get out of it.
  • Thanks mate will try and keep u updated I'm not the smallest of men either does that not help?

Hello I have jus brought a carrera Vulcan and twice I took it back with the rear disk rubbing on pads I think and now they say they need bedding in first is this true or is there any other solutions?
  • Brakes do need to bed in IMO. Ride your bike!

EDIT: you've asked the same question in the tech section. no need to ask twice!
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco