2013 boardman bikes

stronginthesun
stronginthesun Posts: 433
edited November 2012 in Road beginners
anyone know when they come out ? and do halfords sell the 2012 models off discounted ?

Comments

• I asked in halfords today and apparently they should have arrived by now but apparently there is a disagreement between halfords and Boardman over pricing and costs etc. Halfords wanna make more money basically! I was told that the bikehut dept is pretty much keeping halfords going. I too would be interested in an end of line sale!
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • I asked in my local Halfords yesterday and they told me they were not coming in until March 2013..??

I also asked if they sell the 2012 at discounted price and NO was the answer I was given they are returned back to supplier, this info came from the store manager so I would hope he was honest.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    IMHO the Boardman bikes are becoming much less value for money now that the name has been established. I think there are better offerings in the same price range now (sorry for the deviation and not answering the question!).
  • I asked in my local Halfords yesterday and they told me they were not coming in until March 2013..??

I also asked if they sell the 2012 at discounted price and NO was the answer I was given they are returned back to supplier, this info came from the store manager so I would hope he was honest.
    hes bound to say that thou ? he wants your money now ! anyone on here work there ?
  • dugliss
    dugliss Posts: 235
    On the Boardman bikes facebook page they put a message up about 6 weeks ago saying that their models run on a 2 year cycle so will not be changing until next autumn despite a clown from halfords insisting that the new models were "imminent".
    When the first and second models were changed Halfords did sell them off at a significant discount although probably no less than what they were selling them in the summer
  • Remember Halfords do have regular sales.. I got a Boardman last year just after Christmas and got nearly £200 off from the bike and various accessories they threw in from what I remember.. Although cycling wasn't going through the same popularity as it is right now.
  • Last time the models changed Halfords sold the last of the stock off on-line with big discounts. So the manager was probably feeding you a line. I did find they wouldn't combine it with any other offer though so as others say you can probably get it a the same price during a sale anyway.
  • dugliss
    dugliss Posts: 235
    You can get an extra 10% off with a British Cycling membership though
  • I've just had dealings with halfords :shock: the 2012 models are almost out on all race bikes , I had to source my own boardman comp from another store 300miles away and wait over a week for it , been out on the bike 6 times and feels nice , needs a couple of tweaks , I'm 6ft3 and almost 20 stone and it can handle me fine :D
  • well ive bitten the bullet and bought a boardman team hybrid from halfords . staff were shocking ! but after the 6 week free service it will be serviced by lbs . too good a spec to turn down ! couldnt find anything else comparable for the price . staff seemed very keen to sell the £30 service plan ( free servicing for a year ) you only need one service a year ? so lbs is cheaper ???
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Be prepared for your LBS to turn their nose up at it and tell you that they sell better bikes - they are just bitter and twisted...! Mine seem quite happy to service my Boardman but often get these comments, which I just ignore.
  • my lbs has already said he would do it ( needs the custom ) if he changes his mind theres plenty more
  • Why what's wrong with Boardman?

I have just haggled a Brand new Boardman Road Race from £669 down to £551........... :D
    Boardman Pro Carbon (Nowt wrong with Boardman)
    Boardman Team Hybrid
    (I need to lose weight)
  • Brava210, where was this from?

I want a boardman but don't want to buy one through Halfords. Also if worst comes to worst and I had to buy one from them is it wise to wait until after xmas?
  • Most of the negative comments around Boardman bikes is because of the varied levels of service from Halfords :|
    There have been issue with the road bikes with the BB30 bottom bracket too.
    I think they are still great value bikes, and are well specced for the money and still very competitive, but will always have that Halfords stigma attached to them.
    I bought a road race last year and it's been a great bike :D
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    theres a vid on utube where c.boardman says he joining with wiggle so they will or already do sell boardmans.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    On the wiggle site if you change the delivery country to say South Africa, Boardman bikes suddenly appear on the bike listings!
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • indjke
    indjke Posts: 85
    Yep, they sell boardmans worldwide for relatively long time, at least from April (I ordered mine in the beginning of Apr '12)
    Boardman Team C / 105 / Fulcrum Racing 3
  • Think I'm about to get a Boardman Comp MTB on C2W.

Seems to be the best value of the bikes I can get and have negotiated a discount as its an ex display model. I've noticed over the last couple of days that some of the bikes have gone up in price.

Halfords are official uk distributor, other companies deliver outside the UK.