New Wheels

hainman
hainman Posts: 699
edited September 2012 in MTB general
my mate has a boardman ht and has buckled his front wheel so he ordered a new set of wheels from his LBS,they suggested the quad am wheels,but they were 20mm and not 9qr so had to have conversion kit put in,problems started to arrise like he couldn't get the wheels on,he say that the hub is stopping the wheel going on and thinks its bending the forks??not sure what the deal is as i havn't seen it,now he has been back at the shop and said they were filing bits of rotor and caliper off to make a better fit,does this sound right as i would have thought maybe a wee shim or some small washers would have worked to take the caliper away from the rotor....is he just being para or would some lbs' resort to this to fix a problem if the wheel didnt fit??
cheers
Giant Reign 2
Crohnie

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds like they have not gor the correct parts and dont know what they are doing.

I would get my money back and get them to replace anything that they have changed.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    i thought something sounded dodgy,wouldnt let them file away my brakes but havnt seen what they done to his bike yet so hope it doesnt affect the safety to much
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie