Alternate day, 5/2 diet

13»

Comments

• fuzzdog wrote:
    Why do you feel the need to ridicule and demotivate.
    I suggest you [read the article] before you comment further.

I for one wont be listening to you.

Well, do you want a discourse or not? I've made my point several times about....
    Oh wait, I won't bother since you only want to hear your side of the story. My mistake.
  • You've taken info on a program that was not about a diet, made it one then admitted to pretty much living on stimulants.

The program was about a diet - but if you read the links/watch it, it started as a healthy living/long life investigation and the end result was a diet that suited the modern life style and had additional benfits of lowering ALG1.

Fuzzdog might post a bit ranty - but it does seem he is correct in one respect, a lot of comments re the diet seem to be from people who have not read anything about it other than snippets that they have chosen from this thread.

Like I have said - I am open to rational debate but "fad diets never work" or "you should be doing it this way" don't do it. Lots of things are fads when they first appear (and this might be too) but I have something that seems to be working for me at the mo (and my Doc is quite supportive).
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    What happens if you get asked to go out for a meal on one of your starvation days?

Are you still allowed to go?
  • styxd wrote:
    What happens if you get asked to go out for a meal on one of your starvation days?

Are you still allowed to go?

Yep - you just chop and change to suit yourself. This week I did Sunday and Tuesday as we were out Monday - I may through on Tomorrow (Thurs) as we are out at a ball on Friday and a party on Sat.

Not a starvation day - I eat about 600 cals but dont fret the actual figure and may eat more or less, tend to feel a little hungry in the evening but not starving.
  • sandy771 wrote:
    You've taken info on a program that was not about a diet, made it one then admitted to pretty much living on stimulants.

The program was about a diet - but if you read the links/watch it, it started as a healthy living/long life investigation and the end result was a diet that suited the modern life style and had additional benfits of lowering ALG1.

Fuzzdog might post a bit ranty - but it does seem he is correct in one respect, a lot of comments re the diet seem to be from people who have not read anything about it other than snippets that they have chosen from this thread.

Like I have said - I am open to rational debate but "fad diets never work" or "you should be doing it this way" don't do it. Lots of things are fads when they first appear (and this might be too) but I have something that seems to be working for me at the mo (and my Doc is quite supportive).
    Tells a lot when a lifelong yoyo dieter tries another doomed to fail example. Then freely admits to using copious amounts of stimulants to get through a day.

Don't think anyone with a bit of sense would need or want to know more after that
  • Tells a lot when a lifelong yoyo dieter tries another doomed to fail example. Then freely admits to using copious amounts of stimulants to get through a day.

Don't think anyone with a bit of sense would need or want to know more after that

So you base your position on one poster who uses stimulants - Don't think anyone with a bit of sense would need or want to know more after that.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    I think what they were also saying is that we were not designed to have 3 square meals a day and that our body works better when we have feast and famine as we did thousands of years ago.

Hmm, thousands of years ago we didnt have packets of Hob Nobs and cans of Coke.

Fair enough, this diet may help you lose weight. But I cant see how its particularly healthy when you're shovelling that shite down your neck on your "off" days.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    edited September 2012
    sandy771 wrote:
    Tells a lot when a lifelong yoyo dieter tries another doomed to fail example. Then freely admits to using copious amounts of stimulants to get through a day.

So you base your position on one poster who uses stimulants - Don't think anyone with a bit of sense would need or want to know more after that.
    Based on having seen it more times that I can remember.
  • Again mixing me up with someone else

1. This is my first fad diet to use your words
    2. I am not the one who has talked about stimulants
  • sandy771 wrote:
    Again mixing me up with someone else

1. This is my first fad diet to use your words
    2. I am not the one who has talked about stimulants
    I wasn't talking about you in previous posts.
  • fuzzdog
    fuzzdog Posts: 196
    fuzzdog wrote:

Well, do you want a discourse or not? I've made my point several times about....
    Oh wait, I won't bother since you only want to hear your side of the story. My mistake.

Not at all, But have you read the the article that was posted from the Telegraph or seen the Horizon documentry?
    I somehow doubt it.
    Do you laugh at the people you coach when they try to make a change for the better. Yes.... You probably do.
    So you just go back to your little job at LA rip off or Virgin craptive or wherever it is you work and and come back when you have some propper life experience.
  • You wouldn't be soo cranky if you weren't starving :lol:
  • fuzzdog wrote:
    fuzzdog wrote:

Not at all, But have you read the the article that was posted from the Telegraph or seen the Horizon documentry?
    I somehow doubt it.
    Do you laugh at the people you coach when they try to make a change for the better. Yes.... You probably do.
    So you just go back to your little job at LA rip off or Virgin craptive or wherever it is you work and and come back when you have some propper life experience.
    I thought you weren't going to bother "listening" to me any more.
    Yes, I've seen the Horizon doc, and read the article.
    I don't work at LA rip off, or Virgin craptive. In fact, I'm not even sure what the hell they are.
    And I guess you could say I ave plenty of "life experience", not that it matters greatly on this subject.
  • fuzzdog
    fuzzdog Posts: 196
    Right. This really is my last post. quite possibly my last visit to bike radar forums altogether actually seeing as almost every time I have asked a question or joined in a thread I seem to get plenty of "smart arse" comments and replies from the cyber bike nerds out there. You know who you are. I can just imagine what you are like. But before I vanish from your sanctimonious little sad lives I am just going to clarify a few things.
    1. I am doing the diet and succeeding in losing some weight, and feeling good to boot.
    2. I don't live on stimulants.
    3. I've never be on a diet before, yo yo or otherwise.
    4. I see no reason to give up the 5/2 fasting / feasting diet any time soon.
    The 5/2 diet is not a fad diet, if it were I would not be doing it. just like I haven't bothered to do any actual fad diets. The guy who has researched this is not Natalie Cassidy or Divina Mcall. The theory behind it is sound. If in practice it turns out not to be particularly beneficial then I will go back to eating normally. However I can't really see how eating porridge and vegatables two days a week is going to cause much damage. The fact that I may have a diet coke a coffee or God forbid a sugar free red bull once in a while! ( tesco's home brand is much cheeper and tastes better ) is neither here nor there. I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, and I don't even drink very much. I'm actually not really that over weight. As I said before I just want to tone up and be a bit fitter, Which the 5/2 diet proposes to do.
    I don't dive a dam if you are not interested in the diet. If it works and I do live longer then maybe I will outlive you smart arses and if this thread is still going in years to come I will be able to laugh in your face and tell you " i told you so". But I probably wont bother.
    I've probably said a few things out of character on here. But if there is one thing I cant stand it's smugness and no one likes to be laughed at, especially unjustly. I only came on here out of curiosity while searching the net for more info on the 5/2 but ended up reading Sandy and thought I would show a bit of solidarity against the oh so clever gits. I wish I hadn't bothered now.
    Anyway I bet T.M.H.N.E.T. ( I dred to think what that stands for) and Yee Haa Mcgee are just itching to come back with another smart arse comment followed by lots of :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: SS . well do your worst, I am not going to be reading them. Adios F**KERS !! :mrgreen:
  • fuzzdog wrote:
    I only came on here out of curiosity while searching the net for more info on the 5/2 but ended up reading Sandy and thought I would show a bit of solidarity against the oh so clever gits. I wish I hadn't bothered now.
    On the assumption that you will read them, and that your words are as empty as ever, it strikes me that the real reason you wanted to say your piece was to get an echochamber going on. It seems to drive you nuts that people don't agree with you.
    I'd suggest that you spare yourself the stress by not entering a discussion about any topic, until you're capable of realising that the whole world does not agree with you.
    You've done nothing but complain, and have not made any attempt to convince others to agree with your point of view, or to teach us the errors of our ways.
This discussion has been closed.