Replacement Pads on SLX

Sharker69
Sharker69 Posts: 93
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

The standard pads that came with my bike are now starting to fade out. So looking for some replacements. I'm aware of the difference with organic and sintered and think the sintered is what I'm looking for now.

The problem being what would you recommend, aftermarket wise, I hear good things about superstar even the Kevlar ones?

Any advice welcome! :D
2011 Genesis Core 50

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Superstar. I use kevlar. Great unless it's really wet and gritty, in which case I'd use sintered.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Used Superstar Organics all of last season and have just changed to Kevlar on two of the bikes - mainly because they're red and they look cool...
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Recently replaced my original pads with superstar organic (meant to order sintered, but messed up somehow!) - anyway, very happy with stopping power and feel, too early to say how long they will last (nearly 2 months now, of a weekly 2-3 hour ride, plus the odd half-hour ride towing (and stopping) with the littl'un's trailer bike on the back! great value to be had from superstar pads, I'd say ... I think I got 4 sets of pads for a little over what I would have paid for 1 set at eg my LBS.
  • It seems a thumbs up for Superstar then!!
    Cheers, I was told it was best to order direct but seen them on eBay cheaper??
    2011 Genesis Core 50
  • Jomox
    Jomox Posts: 250
    Sharker69 wrote:
    It seems a thumbs up for Superstar then!!
    Cheers, I was told it was best to order direct but seen them on eBay cheaper??

Get them where they are cheapest.
  • Doesn't make sense that they'd sell them cheaper on eBay - normally it's the other way 'round :?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Looks like 1p cheaper on the website for single pack. Same price for multi.
  • Jomox
    Jomox Posts: 250
    I'm finding them about £1.50 cheaper on ebay.