Foot pain

GSJ
GSJ Posts: 150
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Went out yesterday and done about a 40mile ride, my longest so far and today only since walking my left foot has been hurting, at the top I've looked at a diagram and would pin-point it being the 'Talus' bone it's not like a constant pain, just now and again small pain. If this is caused by cycling shoes how can I prevent it from happening, and even ankle pain,

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Is the pain a pressure point on your instep or actual internal pain of the talus? You should be able to see if it's the shoes as there will be an indent/redness/tenderness on the instep. Also, can you describe the pain?

Depending on the type of pain it could very well be a fitting/cleat position issue and your pedal stroke is having an adverse effect due to the morphology of your foot.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • GSJ
    GSJ Posts: 150
    What do you mean instep? The pain is internal pain because there's no redness or tenderness, and the pain is a sharp ache for couple of seconds every now and then, I would say more when I'm walking.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    The instep is the name of the top of your foot from the bottom to the ankle to the metatarsal head. As it's a sharp intermittent ache it's most likely to do with incorrect fit of either the bike or cleats. As you go through your pedal stroke there is aggravation due to your foot being forced into an unnatural position. Go see a fitter.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg