Lance Armstrong article

johnbirkby46213
johnbirkby46213 Posts: 399
edited September 2012 in Pro race
I have been an LA supporter but just beginning to falter. So for what its worth, here's an insight into another world of LA written by a one-time mechanic http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/biking/road-biking/My-Life-With-Lance-Armstrong.html?utm_source=dispatch&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=09042012

just found the magazine in my inbox

Make of it what you will.

Don't shoot the messenger!
2 minute grovels can sometimes be a lot longer..tho' shorter on a lighter bike :-)

Ride the Route Ankerdine Hill 2008

http://peterboroughbigband.webplus.net/index.html

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    posted a few times already. to see what people think about it..

search.php?keywords=outsideonline&fid%5B0%5D=40002
    cartoon.jpg
  • I read that the other day, think its been posted in other posts as well. If true it just goes to show what a piece of work he is and probably means that more and more people like this will have stories to tell. As his myth, and command over everyone begins to unravel people will be more willing to tell all. However, it's impossible to tell if this guy is legit or just annoyed that he didn't get paid.
  • read the comments, just goes to show what non cycling people think and how even with the usada case how good his PR has been over the years.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • I have been an LA supporter but just beginning to falter

How long you been cycling ?

If you're new to cycling that probably explains it........likely Pharmstrong (as he's known on US steriod sites) inspired you into cycling.

It's like this; basically all the winners from TDF (and most other races) need to be expunged from '91 > 2010 (save maybe 2008 Sastre).
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I have been an LA supporter but just beginning to falter

How long you been cycling ?

If you're new to cycling that probably explains it........likely Pharmstrong (as he's known on US steriod sites) inspired you into cycling.

It's like this; basically all the winners from TDF (and most other races) need to be expunged from '91 > 2010 (save maybe 2008 Sastre).

Patronising to say the least.
  • More importantly, the bike in that picture has got SAAB decals! How cool is that?

Ok just me then!

Does anyone know if that was a SAAB-sponsored team? I need to find myself a jersey!

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • More importantly, the bike in that picture has got SAAB decals! How cool is that?

Ok just me then!

Does anyone know if that was a SAAB-sponsored team? I need to find myself a jersey!

Saab used to sponsor a MTB team along with Gary Fisher.

68hi.jpg

I was a bit of a fan of Paula Pezzo

paola.jpg