New pb

andy 3654
andy 3654 Posts: 183
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Well for the moment im happy with my new pb, I did 20 miles in 65 mins over short but sharp hilly road.
Is that a good time or should I be aiming much higher?
What I mean is whats good target to aim for?

Comments

• That's a damn good time! ...if you were riding a scooter :D
  • My main problem is that after powering over the hills i slow right down to about 14 mph so have to work real hard on the 2 sprint sections.
  • If you have broken your personal best then it is a good time, until you go even faster when it becomes rubbish.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    andy 3654 wrote:
    My main problem is that after powering over the hills i slow right down to about 14 mph so have to work real hard on the 2 sprint sections.

So may be ease off powering over the hills and make sure you can apply the same power over the hill and the descent
  • That's not bad at all. In fact depending on terrain it could be very good!

But as always, your PB is only good until you beat it. Anything below 50 minutes is a good time over that distance, I'd say; unless you're in the Lake District!
  • Well east berkshire is far cry from the lakes but thanks for the advise.
  • andy 3654 wrote:
    Well for the moment im happy with my new pb, I did 20 miles in 65 mins over short but sharp hilly road.

I always like to see a route profile before i make judgement :P
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • no problem A4 from west Reading to Slough
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    looks good to me..put it this way i was very chuffed averaging 15.3 mph over 14.5 miles yesterday on a well ridden route
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • That sounds good what sort of course was it?
  • would love to know what other people are happy about for thier pbs
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    Distance PB for me today. Rode over to my sisters house which is 40 miles, Had a bite to eat and a chat for about an hour then rode back. Average speed 15 mph. It was hot today and I guzzled about 4 litres. Its my first metric century 130km in total with 3000ft of climbing and to be honest my legs felt decent but my neck and arse would be a limiting factor for going too much further. The thought of getting close to a sportive 100mile seemed a long way away a few months ago when I started riding but now reckon its doable.
  • andy 3654 wrote:

Of course you should aim higher, unless you want to stay the same speed or slower?!
    andy 3654 wrote:

A bit faster than last time ;-)