Best flatscreen tv for gaming budget £600 max

specialeyes
specialeyes Posts: 542
edited September 2012 in The hub
As per title, boss has asked me for recommendations as I used to keep up to date on tech stuff but since becoming a dad, that has fallen by the wayside.

So, he uses his tv mostly for gaming, battlefield and call of duty ect... I guess minimal lag would be something to look for, apart from that I'm lost. He's not bothered with 3d or internet but I suppose he doesn't have to use them if its a standard feature.

Comments

• 3d is very useful for gaming. Split screen in the whole screen.
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    does he use a ps3?

if so a sony tv is best (the bravia synk will run a ps3 through the tv remote for internet, netflix, bbc iplayer... but needs hdmi cable to work)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sony+ ... 80&bih=709

if he has an xbox.... just hit richer sounds, and make sure the tv model has a games setting (and you can haggle with them)

the whole Hz number the tv will be rated as is dependant on how they measured the frequency in the first place that is why some claim 600Hz but they are the same as a 200Hz

1080p not 1080i

pref - led, if not lcd, but plasma is not worth it (and my mates plasma's all make a slight buzzing nose from a cooling fan...)

and there is no difference between a £10-15 hdmi cable and a £100, apart from the price
    does that help?
  • Thanks for the reply. He uses his Xbox mostly but does own all the main consoles. Tbh I don't think he wants to be going into shops, he will probably order online but ill pass on the info.