Annual leave

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
So, here we are in Spetember and I still have 18 of my 22 days to take.....bugger.

No 'carry overs' this year and I am juggling between periods of managerial cover as we are very tight on resource.....I am knackered....October may be my one chance at a Holiday.

Anyone else spanking it at work?!

:cry::cry:

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    I've apparently got 20 days (100%) left. I may take a week or two here and there, and start taking every Monday off.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I had 11 till this morning but booked 5 for half term. 3 days scattered about and 3 at Christmas to make it a full week off should see it.

Spanking it? Not here.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    gtvlusso wrote:
    .....bugger.

we are very tight .....I am knackered....October may be my one chance

No, all that stuff is frowned upon
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Use it or lose it.

Don't for one minute think that your employer will remember (that you selflessly waived your right to leave for the benefit of the company) when the shizzle hits the fan.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Only got 4 of 24 left. I'll take a couple of days over Christmas and should save a couple of odd days in case of sick children, they can be used later for Christmas shopping if not needed. Wish I had more, I want to take a day to go mountain biking.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    gtvlusso wrote:
    So, here we are in Spetember and I still have 18 of my 22 days to take.....bugger.

No 'carry overs' this year and I am juggling between periods of managerial cover as we are very tight on resource.....I am knackered....October may be my one chance at a Holiday.

Make it their problem that you're going on annual leave, not your problem.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso wrote:

Potentially, I am making it their problem - Job interview in Thursday night for a job in Seattle and Job interview on Friday for a job in Reading.....If I get the job in the USA, I will break a 6 figure salary with ease..... :shock:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    gtvlusso wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Potentially, I am making it their problem - Job interview in Thursday night for a job in Seattle and Job interview on Friday for a job in Reading.....If I get the job in the USA, I will break a 6 figure salary with ease..... :shock:

Sounds good.

As long as you're not some founding member or someone with a lot of equity into the business, you don't really owe your work anything. Anyone who you consider a friend will be a friend when you leave.

Go take your holiday, chill out, and be a smug bastard with a fair few buns in your pocket. S'why you work in the first place.
  • I've still got 12 days left but I'm planning 2 weeks in Japan and Korea in late Nove or early Dec...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I get 30 days AL a year, plus bank hols - plus I work flexible hours so can "earn" extra days off to the tune of 2 days per month (which only means doing a 40 hour week insetad of a 36)

I always take all of my leave each year, they will never have it from me.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • I get 30 days AL in my new job + annual leave AND NO CHARGEABLE TARGETS.

Come on easy street!
  • gtvlusso wrote:

I worked in Seattle for 2 years and absolutely loved it - I now work in Reading and it just isn't the same. After-work snowboarding isn't easy in Reading...

If you want any info on what it's like to work/live there, just let me know. Heck, I might even know your potential employer ;-)

Good luck !
    Misguided Idealist
  • gtvlusso wrote:

I worked in Seattle for 2 years and absolutely loved it - I now work in Reading and it just isn't the same. After-work snowboarding isn't easy in Reading...

If you want any info on what it's like to work/live there, just let me know. Heck, I might even know your potential employer ;-)

Good luck !

If they're based in both Seattle and Reading there's only one candidate, isn't there? Could have gone down St Peter's Hill on the board a couple of times last winter. Probably not quite the same...
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Isn't it UK law that a full-time employee must take at least 20 days leave per year?

Edit: Or at least given the opportunity to take it?
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso wrote:

Good luck !

Thanks dude - may be asking some question should I pull off a blinder on Thursday! The actual location is Redmond, the office is based on the Microsoft Campus.....No, it is not a Microsoft job.....The USA job would be an internal move, the Reading job would be an external move. Whichever way, I am changing jobs as this one is shi1te!!
  • Could have gone down St Peter's Hill on the board a couple of times last winter. Probably not quite the same...

Yes, you could... ;-)

4203782657_aa3ec2c359_n.jpg
    Misguided Idealist
  • gtvlusso
    Still, back on topic, I am annoyed at myself for not taking my leave - this year has been manic and the company have quite literally heamorraged resource, my lack of leave is an unfortunate after effect....I am not allowed to recruit in high cost locations (i.e. UK) or offer industry competitive salaries, our private healthcare policy is even sh1t.....

So, wise words from some previous posts; if you got it, take it : there is no thanks for not taking your leave.

I will try for some time in October.....
  • Could have gone down St Peter's Hill on the board a couple of times last winter. Probably not quite the same...

Yes, you could... ;-)

4203782657_aa3ec2c359_n.jpg

Good man! Tried taking my eldest (aged 2 and a 1/4) down on one of Terry's finest sledges, but he was having none of it.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Isn't it UK law that a full-time employee must take at least 20 days leave per year?

Edit: Or at least given the opportunity to take it?

UK legal main is 28 days which can include bank holidays
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.