Cwmcarn DH - Mid + Lower Red

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited September 2012 in Your pics and vids
Managed to actually get a vid up from Saturday, my net is being crap at the mo so it seems to be taking ages!

Last run of the day and probably my best tbh, was just about getting used to the new setup!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJZRbM4R ... e=youtu.be

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I really should try that on the 456!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Would be good!

Trail is fairly cut up now though! Some big rocks and the gradient isn't really picked up on the Contour..
  • I haven't run the DH yet but the actual Twrch XC trail is the same. Really heavy rutting due to water flowing off the track... the last section of the XC trail is fcuking brutal for this very reason, not as fun as it should be.
  • How big was that file Ben? and how long did it take to upload?

Mine was about 1.4gb and took like 5hrs to upload. Thing is, I've nothing to benchmark it against, so no idea if that's really slow (it certainly seems it) or not.
  • I think it was about 380mb (3 min vid, 720p @ 60fps). The upload was ranging from 10-20 mins to 2 hours lol. Bloody internet.

I've got 30mb Virgin broadband with (i think) a max 3mb/s upload.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I think it was about 380mb (3 min vid, 720p @ 60fps). The upload was ranging from 10-20 mins to 2 hours lol. Bloody internet.
    Yeah, but CWNTs on the IoM, he has to send a load of floppy discs by carrier pigeon to the mainland for uploading. :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    bails87 wrote:
    I really should try that on the 456!

i did it on the cove stiffee the other day :D
  • welshkev
    I haven't run the DH yet but the actual Twrch XC trail is the same. Really heavy rutting due to water flowing off the track... the last section of the XC trail is fcuking brutal for this very reason, not as fun as it should be.

really? i haven't noticed that at all and i rode it last week :? some of the first bits of singletrack up the top are not as smooth as they were but hey, we're mountain biking :lol:
  • I'm talking about the final descent on Twrch, not the downhill track.... That is in really bad condition, huge water rut right through the middle of it.
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    Hopefully it's not too bad, I'm heading there on Sunday after some Afan action.
  • welshkev
    I'm talking about the final descent on Twrch, not the downhill track.... That is in really bad condition, huge water rut right through the middle of it.

i know..so was i........
  • agg25
    agg25 Posts: 619
    I did the Twrch on Sunday, was awesome and the final descent was fine, great fun, maybe you were going to slow and feeling every bump ;-)