Reservoir Cogs Sportive 2nd Sept

cyclingvet
cyclingvet Posts: 131
Did anyone else here do this yesterday? What could have been a brilliant sportive through some of the most picturesque villages and towns in England was marred by very poor organisation.

I did the long route from Rutland Water and got a good time.

However

Missed the first feed stop. No sign seen. Other sportives usually give a mile warning that feed stop approaching. Nothing but energy drinks at 2nd feed station at Graffam. 3rd feed station had some savoury stuff and cake, but this ended up making me ill. ( had to stop car to vomit on way home and immediately felt better!) Never in all the sportives I've entered has this happened. No map in case I got lost ( had a Garmin but these can pack up and not all riders would have a Garmin. Never got the promised goody bag ( or was the 20% off voucher at Rutalnd Cycling the "goody bag".

Off road section after Graffam didn't bother me but I'm sure riders using there best carbon bikes and carbon wheels wern't too happy. Apparently it was either that section or the busy A14.

No post-event drinks or food eg Coffee and pasta. I would normally greatly appreciate this but as said before, I felt terrible shortly after the third feed station.

The organisers should take a leaf out of ITP event who run the Lincoln Grand Prix Sportive. Leicestershire Supertour etc.

What exactly did we get for our money?

Will not enter next year ( only enterd this as Rydale Rumble was cancelled)