Voodoo Hoodoo Or Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 2012 ?

Brivers2013
Brivers2013 Posts: 7
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
I am 12, nearly 13 and want a good hardtail mountain bike for trails. My budget is £500 i have narrowed it down to the Voodoo Hoodoo or the specialized hardrock sport disc 2012.

I am going to be growing as i am nearly a teenager. I am 154cm and find the 17.5 specialized frame fits best at the moment, however is it worth getting a 18 inch voodoo so as to leave some growing space, any responses will be very useful, thank you

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There is no need to start another thread on the same stuff.

But to answer the question: the specialized is poor for the money, the Voodoo is far better specced, especially the fork.

They measure in different ways - try one out. You should have plenty of seat post adjustment.
  • I tried out the specialized and it felt a bit heavy , but comfortable, the voodoo's seats dont go that low but i am yet to try a voodoo 18 inch frame, thank you
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I think your sitting on bikes much to big, I'm 177cm and ride a 16"........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • LJ.
    LJ. Posts: 149
    The specialized sport disc 2012 has been £350 for a while now at edinburgh cycles and the Hoodoo is over £500 so there is a pretty big price difference
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    LJ. wrote:
    The specialized sport disc 2012 has been £350 for a while now at edinburgh cycles and the Hoodoo is over £500 so there is a pretty big price difference
    voodoo bantu only £50 more than the spesh, and a lot better
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • I was having the same problem, i had placed an order for a Hardrock sport disc for £350 but changed my mind at the last minute.

Im probably going to go for the Bantu also now, yes there a Halfords bike so very common but if your going to get into it, you'll upgrade the parts as you go along so no 2 will be the same anyway!
    2013 Cube Analog
    2011 GT aggressor - For sale
  • Thank You all very much for you opinions and they will be taken on board :)