Buying your first dirt jump bike

samurai1999
samurai1999 Posts: 4
Hi my son would like to buy (not build) a dirt jump bike. We know very little on the subject so would welcome any suggestions and advice from more experienced people.
Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    TBH you would do better asking in the MTB section.

With the following info.

How much do you want to spend.

How does your son want? Suspension? Gears? Also your sons height so we have a clue as to what to sugest.

Good firt jump bikes tend to be gearless and rigid. And about £500

Dirt like bikes can be less.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • If you have a look in Decathlon or on their web site they have a couple of good options. The models are called Suskin and there are 2 models. They seem to be really flexible and allow the rider to run 26 or 24" wheels and Disc / V brakes and single speed or geared. I have seen them and would buy in a sec if my eldest was 12 (still only 10)
  • http://www.decathlon.co.uk/subsin-klassik-id_8139778.html here is a link to one of the models
  • my kids have a kona shred, gt chucker,scott voltage, i would reccomend all 3, they are all 8 speed as they are used for general riding as well as jumps, think the most expensive was the gt £200 from ebay, needed a brake bleed and new grips etc but nothing serious, spend a bit of time looking and you can find some real bargains!!!