Corratec -anybody have any thoughts?

Miss_t
Miss_t Posts: 8
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
I am looking at getting a half decent bike. My budget is about £500. A friend has pointed me towards a Corratec X-Vert Motion http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=75508 Apparently the're big in Europe but I can't find any reviews on them. Has anyone heard of them? Got one? At the moment it's between the Corratec and Decathlon Rockrider 8.1 Any thoughts?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It's not in the same league as the rockrider - heavier, absolute abomination of a fork and lowlier components throughout.
  • Thanks Supersonic I had read what you had to say about the Rockrider and the review on here :-D
  • FunBus
    FunBus Posts: 394
    Corratec are massive in Europe, but like you say, have never really taken off in the UK. Raleigh used to distribute them and now Chain Reaction are the exclusive distributor for the UK - so i imagine sales are starting to take off.

However, as said above, comparing it to a Decathlon own brand will always lead you to a disappointing spec etc as you're paying more for the brand......the brand which isnt such a big deal over here so not really worth the premium yet (in my opinion)