Vuelta Stage 15 *Spoiler*

Comments

• Contador must be so pissed with this JRod matching him by sprinting up to him in the big ring...........

Fine, play with this guy. Attack for giggles.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Valv and Quintana fly by Contador and J Rod!!

3 Km to go for the big boys!
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,402
    Frenchie - your hero just isn't so good clean, is he! :D

Go on JRod, kept Contador knacker himself, and then steal some more seconds at the end - again.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    I wonder if they're friends or enemies in real life?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I still fear for J-Rod on Bola del Mundo.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Contador riding a bit like a schoolboy here.
  • Compelling viewing. Lovely climb.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    What happened to the rest of the breakaway?
  • Contador is a fighter. He could just give up and ride for 2nd but that is not like him. Attacked 4times today. I expect him to attack tomorrow and attack like a bat out of hell on Bola.

Only 42 seconds for the next group along.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Good stage again

J-Rod very good, nice animation from Bert
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,402
    Judging by the number of riders at the top, they were between the winner and JRod's group
  • Gazzetta67
    Do you think Mr Prudhomme could ever design a 3 week race like this ??? Oh no wait he'd say you MUST have downhill finishes :roll: watching the vuelta makes you realise how pish the TDF was.
  • Great stage but I am sorry I cannot believe that Valverde is riding clean again, he has never climbed like this. He was no where near as good in the TDF and that was his goal, how come he is not cooked like froome who is clearly suffering from the TDF.
  • Gazzetta67
    Great stage but I am sorry I cannot believe that Valverde is riding clean again, he has never climbed like this. He was no where near as good in the TDF and that was his goal, how come he is not cooked like froome who is clearly suffering from the TDF.

Do you really think he'd be that mad after a 2 year ban ????? -
  • Piedra expanded the lead to 2 mins at the end! Nice work.

Talansky edging closer to taking Roche's spot on GC.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    To be fair to Froome he comes across as quite modest and down to earth in his interviews. It's just his missus who hypes him way out of proportion.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Great stage but I am sorry I cannot believe that Valverde is riding clean again, he has never climbed like this. He was no where near as good in the TDF and that was his goal, how come he is not cooked like froome who is clearly suffering from the TDF.

Because the drugs testing works so well...

I can't see a rider going clean for le tour, and then charging for the Vuelta. IMO, Valv is just bad at getting in the right shape at the right time, IIRC he was bad at that pre ban too.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Gazzetta67 wrote:

100% yes, he never admitted it first time round.
    He has always been a classy rider but never climbed with riders like this as good as this and he has just done the TDF also. I hope he is clean but he's not the type of rider to attack "real" climbers from 5km and not get caught and dropped. This is spain by the way :?
  • Gazzetta67 wrote:

I'm not saying that I think he is back to his old ways, but its not out of the question. Wouldnt be the first time that someone's got straight back on it.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Am I being a miserable old git here. Was that really a great stage.

All I saw was fannying about by Bert with a load of attacks which never looked like they were going to work.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    smithy21 wrote:

All I saw was fannying about by Bert with a load of attacks which never looked like they were going to work.

It was alright.

Lots of foreplay, not much payoff.
  • Turfle wrote:
    smithy21 wrote:

It was alright.

Lots of foreplay, not much payoff.
    Maybe he will come tomorrow lol 8)
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    I thought the Saxo DS's actually listened to me when they first hit the climb, they got to the front and drilled it, and made a gap with Valverde, J Rod and Froome all left behind......but then they sat up. Hmmm go figure.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • alanjay
    alanjay Posts: 363
    smithy21 wrote:

Not just you - Bertie is doing a great impression of the boy who cried wolf in this tour..
  • Is Valverde clean?

I think so ... It's just he's also riding against clean riders so can compete ... J Rod was always off the pace of these guys 2 or 3 years back, not now ...

Is that the 6th mano-e-mano stage we've had for the gc guys so far? ... best gt in the past 5 years or so ...
  • Is that the 6th mano-e-mano stage we've had for the gc guys so far? ... best gt in the past 5 years or so ...

Don't you mean "is that the 6th stage in a row where we have seen pretty much the same thing", only difference was Valverde having a bit of a dig. Most predictable GT in the past 5 years!

What we need is a Schleck/Izoard style attack.

Good win from Antonio Piedra though!
  • Makes a change watching racing rather than attacking ...
  • What we need is a Schleck/Izoard style attack.

Thought same myself. Get someone up the road and attack a LONG way out or on the flat when J Rod is not expecting it. A TT rider of AC's ability should be able to make it stick and there's only seconds in it after all.

Saxo seem bent on the same tactics day after day.
  • Great stage but I am sorry I cannot believe that Valverde is riding clean again, he has never climbed like this. He was no where near as good in the TDF and that was his goal, how come he is not cooked like froome who is clearly suffering from the TDF.

Agreed , at least people should shut up about Froome and this big Sky/BC conspiracy now , you know damn well if he was up there fighting with them people would be screaming blue murder.

Really hope Rodriguez wins this now though it wouldn't suprise if he was on something.
  • What we need is a Schleck/Izoard style attack.

Thought same myself. Get someone up the road and attack a LONG way out or on the flat when J Rod is not expecting it. A TT rider of AC's ability should be able to make it stick and there's only seconds in it after all.

Saxo seem bent on the same tactics day after day.

Think Saxo did try things a bit differently today, stop and start rather than a more constant, faster past of yesterday. Result was the same though, just don't see him taking back 22 seconds. So depends if Contador is prepared to gamble it all on a longer, Schleck style attack. Are Saxo still desparate for the points?