Saddle

carbon337
carbon337 Posts: 414
edited September 2012 in Road buying advice
Been using a Selle Italia SL XC on the road bike, it was rather comfy to start with but I found but lost rigidity in only a few months. It has been giving me some problems so fancy a change.

Tried a Arione CX on test and I like the length and the option for variable positions but I'm not convinced its wide enough. I race and ride the drops a lot so Ive also been looking at a Specialized s-works toupe as they do the multiple width options which i think will help. They dont do test saddles at my LBS though so I'm stuck with a Specialized swap out for 30days if its no use.

Does anyone know if i can get a test one on a deposit or something from somewhere.

Anyone moved between an Arione and a Specialized Toupe.

Comments

• I asked at my nearest Spesh concept store recently and they said are no longer doing test saddles just the 30 day trial scheme.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    I thought my Charge Knife was good, certainly much better that the Fizik Pave I had before it. But my new bike's Specialized BG Toupe is just superb. I can ride it for five hours and not have even a twinge of discomfort.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!