Exciting New threads?

nevman
nevman Posts: 1,611
edited September 2012 in The bottom bracket
There`s not enough new threads on BB.If this was a Cake Stop we`d be sending it back.
Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
Winter Alan Top Cross
All rounder Spec. Allez.

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    That's the effect of dilution.

We now have two Cake Stop's, (one with just a single thread with some skin showing), and there aren't enough posts to go around.

The older I get, the better I was.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    There's a distinct lack of creativity lately. I expect more from cyclists.

We need another mumsnet and soon!!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Aggie has gone, Yossie is comforting Vicky in her retirement, Cleat's doing Bird and no ones knocked Nap D off his bike for a while.

We are all happy Bunnies after Bradleys exploits and the Olympics and most of us have been out riding all summer.

Do not fear the "Winter of our discontent" is just around the corner, just you wait until Andy Murray wins SPOTY
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Im doing LEJoG next week but thats not exciting,just pain.Wave as I go past though,and in memory of Cleat,chuck us the odd Eccles cake.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • nevman wrote:
    Im doing LEJoG next week but thats not exciting,just pain.Wave as I go past though,and in memory of Cleat,chuck us the odd Eccles cake.

Are you going to start a LeJog thread Nevman? Some daily abuse might be just the ticket to see you through.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    nevman wrote:
    There`s not enough new threads on BB.If this was a Cake Stop we`d be sending it back.

Wit yer sayin' like ? I am trying my best.

I mean how creative do you want us to be ? Hemmingway creative ? Shakespeare creative ? or Balding creative ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • nevman wrote:

I mean how creative do you want us to be ? Hemmingway creative ? Shakespeare creative ? or Balding creative ?

Is that as in male pattern baldness or shaven haven design?

I think you've done a sterling job Pinna. We should all try and create a thread every couple of days. I've got an idea about a thread about people who ride to and from work every day on their bike, it could be full of useful hints and tips. What do you think?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    That's interesting, I wrote a post after Tim's first one, regarding recent brandishing if the ban stick, and it appears to have been deleted. Any reason folks ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Capt Slog wrote:

We now have two Cake Stop's, (one with just a single thread with some skin showing), and there aren't enough posts to go around.
    I'd have said 3, but Road General seems to have become another Road Beginners. :?

I think the dilution goes beyond just the 2 boards; the whole forum's just too large with too many subforums.

Curse DDD!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Crapaud wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

I'd have said 3, but Road General seems to have become another Road Beginners. :?

I think the dilution goes beyond just the 2 boards; the whole forum's just too large with too many subforums.

Curse DDD!

Indeed.

I was thinking of starting a new and exciting thread though... entitled "In the world of a cyclist today..." in which you post things that don't deserve their own topic.

eg I want to share my sense of joy having just finished lovingly cleaning my bike

eg2. An anecdote on a hilarious co-worker who doesn't understand cycling

eg3. general chat about disliking DDD or the lack of interesting topics.
  • pinno
    nevman wrote:

Is that as in male pattern baldness or shaven haven design?

I think you've done a sterling job Pinna. We should all try and create a thread every couple of days. I've got an idea about a thread about people who ride to and from work every day on their bike, it could be full of useful hints and tips. What do you think?

Problem with that is that:
    A) I don't live in London
    b) I don't go to Church
    C) I am not a Sammy square pants
    D) I don't do enough whingeing
    E) I don't risk my life everyday thus creating a self inflicted mental illness
    F) I often look at the 'Big girls' thread
    G) I don't own a bicycle that is a fixie or looks like something from Quadrophenia and most importantly
    I) I have learnt to take certain things on the chin (and I am not talking about kerbstones)

What sort of hints and tips were you thinking of?
  • Crapaud
    ... eg3. general chat about disliking DDD or the lack of interesting topics.
    D^3's got that covered. :roll:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • pinno
    Crapaud wrote:

Its locked now. The storm blew over and no-one woke me up to tell me so that I could chuck some petrol on the fire. Boooo !
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Crapaud wrote:

Its locked now. The storm blew over and no-one woke me up to tell me so that I could chuck some petrol on the fire. Boooo !

It's not just locked, I get a message saying I'm "not authorised to view this forum" :?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Crapaud
    MattC59 wrote:
    Crapaud wrote:

It's not just locked, I get a message saying I'm "not authorised to view this forum" :?
    Looks like it's been deleted. You didn't miss anything you couldn't have predicted. A complete car crash of a thread.
  • Crapaud wrote:

Try this one - showing some early potential, but may fizzle out without some accelerant......

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12876429
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • pinno
    Crapaud wrote:

Try this one - showing some early potential, but may fizzle out without some accelerant......

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12876429

Locked too.

The mods have been at it again !! and I thought it was just my face.
  • was that the racist one involving some 'travelers'-- took off this aft ?
    'Twas indeed.

Someone had the temerity to use the expression "thieving Pikey scum" outwith The BB, to which some soft leftie :wink: took umbrage. Various flammable substances were added to the embryonic pyre, but to no avail. Seems you just can't pick a fight with a twunk these days..... sigh
    Mark Twain
    'Twas indeed.

Someone had the temerity to use the expression "thieving Pikey scum" outwith The BB, to which some soft leftie :wink: took umbrage. Various flammable substances were added to the embryonic pyre, but to no avail. Seems you just can't pick a fight with a twunk these days..... sigh

Never heard W H Smith described that way before, but you live and learn 8)
  • pinno
    was that the racist one involving some 'travelers'-- took off this aft ?
    'Twas indeed.

Have you seen many Pikey's on bikes ?

If you need to have a fight with a 'twunk' - come up to Scotland there is oodles of them, feel free to twat oor twunks.
    'Twas indeed.

Have you seen many Pikey's on bikes ?

If you need to have a fight with a 'twunk' - come up to Scotland there is oodles of them, feel free to fool oor twunks.
    I'm definitely having an out of body experience with this thread (reaches for more beer).... WH Smith? Eh? And I'm already in Scotland. I think....
    Mark Twain