astrazen
astrazen Posts: 29
edited September 2012 in Road beginners
Hi Guys,

First post on here and thought I would say hello.

Yesterday I purchased my first road bike after riding about 8 months on a Boardman Urban MTB. After spending hour after hour on the internet doing the usual x vs x research, I bit the bullet and bought the CAAD10 105. I've not had a chance to ride it in anger yet as it pi!!ed it down as soon as I got it home yesterday and I'm in work all day today.

Anyhow, heres to hoping I made the right choice and looking forward to spend some time on here.

Regards, Dave.

Comments

• Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    What are you doing posting on here? It's not raining today, get out there and enjoy it :D

Welcome
  • Gizmodo wrote:
    What are you doing posting on here? It's not raining today, get out there and enjoy it :D

Welcome

In work all day but hopefully have time to give it a blast when I get home.
  • Good luck and welcome Dave :)

Regards
    CP
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    CAAD10 105 is a superb choice, you'll not regret that for a minute. Hope you have many happy miles on it.

Get some autumn/winter cycling clothing and put the miles on.....
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Took the bike out for a spin along my usual evening run, 13 mile route from Stockport up into the edge of the Peak District. Normal time on the MTB is 50 mins, tonight on the CAAD10 I did it in 43 mins so quite an improvement. Have to say though that the riding position is very race orientated so will take a bit of getting used to.

All in all my first impressions are very good. Compared to the MTB, you can really feel all my efforts going to the rear wheel, so very efficient. Only thing that is bugging me is the distance of the brake levers away from the bars. They are 105 levers and I really have to stretch when reaching for the brakes. Maybe it's just something I need to adjust to, as at the moment, braking/changing gear is something I have to think about rather that it being something that I just do.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    You can get rubber pads that stick inside the brake hoods to made the levers more accessible to small hands. I must get some myself.... Some groupsets have an adjustment screw but Shimano don't seem to do this now.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!