which mudguards fit my trek

mosa
mosa Posts: 754
edited September 2012 in Workshop
hello there ive just picked up my trek 1.2 to be my winter hack/wet bike. I have some crud roadracer 2's fitted but want a fixed pair that bolt to the bike. I have some vavert ones that i thought would fit but the trek has a fixing bolt behind the bottle cage area on the back of the bike. The vavert ones i have have a slot that would need a fixing right at the bottom of the seat stay/crank area and this bike does not have a bolt there. Any ideas thanks
My bikes

2018 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro

Comments

• cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    You don't have mudguard eyelets. Fitting afterthough mudguards as I call them will always be a faff and more than likely there will be tyre rub on and off.

Take your bike to shop that stoks these things and see which ones will work and then buy. Next time you buy a winter/trinaing bike get one with proper mudguard mounts! Really proper nudguards are so much better.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    The 1.2 does have mudguard fittings on forks and dropouts. SKS p35 mudguards fit fine (and they are the best you can get).
  • mosa
    mosa Posts: 754
    Looked at the sks ones on line but non show a hole to attach the rear one? All the ones I look at online have the slot in the end of the guard. Specialized tricross (where I got my fixed ones from) have an Allen bolt in the frame at the bottom but as stated mine is 1/2 way up seat tube??? Confused . Com
    My bikes

2018 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro
  • topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    Why not drill a hole in the rear guard to line up with the bolt on the seat tube :?
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    mosa wrote:
    Looked at the sks ones on line but non show a hole to attach the rear one? All the ones I look at online have the slot in the end of the guard. Specialized tricross (where I got my fixed ones from) have an Allen bolt in the frame at the bottom but as stated mine is 1/2 way up seat tube??? Confused . Com
    Sks p35s will fit! Quite straightforward, don't understand your problem!
    :-$
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    Flea-bay item no.: 150883043111 SKS, just as alfablue says, they will fit any frame.

Fitted these to my winter bike (no eyelets) they fit on the skewers and the brake caliper mounting bolt. Buy the 'long' version as the short one's are inneffectual.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!