Unable to send any messages

bigbucks
bigbucks Posts: 20
This is a last resort but it appears that i can send any messages, i tried to contact a moderator but i cant send them a pm either so i m hoping a moderator will see this and please look into my account to rectify whatever the fault maybe. My apologies for hijacking this forum with a message thats not remotely connected to it but its the only way i ll be able to call a moderator, i d be grateful if a moderator could delete this message once my accounts been sorted too
Cheers

Comments

• stokey1964
    stokey1964 Posts: 454
    I believe you need a posting number of 25 or over to be able to send PM's

Simon
  • I too share Stokey1964's frustration, and so am posting this meaningless rubbish in order to get the ball rolling towards the apparent 25 posts I need before I can PM. The logic of needing 25 posts escapes me. But, apart from this, the site is amazingly informative and useful; thank you.
  • viewtopic.php?f=40033&t=12872757

Still not fixed though.
  • great :(

so I have to post 25 posts in order to reply to a pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,699
    cakeathon wrote:
    great :(

Try now.
  • cakeathon wrote:
    great :(

Try now.

thanks, i can reply to my pms now :D
  • Bebs
    Bebs Posts: 15
    Dear Rick, I too am having trouble sending PMs - 3 went through initially but after that they are just sitting in my outbox.. and I'm in the middle of purchasing a bike from a member!
    Could you activate urgently please?
    Many thanks
    Brian
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Bebs wrote:
    Dear Rick, I too am having trouble sending PMs - 3 went through initially but after that they are just sitting in my outbox.. and I'm in the middle of purchasing a bike from a member!
    Many thanks
    Brian
    That just means the recipient hasn't read them yet.
  • Bebs
    whyamihere wrote:
    Bebs wrote:
    Many thanks
    Brian
    That just means the recipient hasn't read them yet.

But, should they not be sitting in the 'sent messsages' anyway and not the 'outbox' ?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    no. as they have not been sent yet.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Bebs
    Sorry to be a numpty, but if they haven't been sent yet - how can the receipient receive them?
    Apologies fellas..
  • nicklouse
    that is the way it works.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Bebs
    OK thanks for your help :)
  • Any chance an admin could enable PMs for me.

I'm more lurker than prolific poster and don't want to simply spam my way to 25 posts

Thanks
  • nicklouse
    have you actually tried sending any?
  • Yep, they go straight to my outbox rather then sent box. I assume they sit there until my account is enabled to send PMs.

Or have I got this all wrong??
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Until the recipient reads them (they will be aware of them), it stays in the outbox. You'll know when it has been read, as it will move ;-).
  • that would explain why i am unable to message then
  • Would someone be able to enable PMs for me so I can reply to one please?

Thanks!
  • Is this still the normal practice, that i have to post 25 times in order to send a PM?

I was able to send PM's as soon as i joined and purchased a couple of bike from members via pm's but now it seems i cant send any more?

When i try to contact a member nothing happens?

And in the FAQ's it says to contact an administrator , but i can't do that either? Catch 22.

And it also says to not post useless topics just get your count up.

So what now? Im all alone.................. :lol:
  • I'll just talk to myself for a bit :?
  • Write to myself :wink:
  • I feel like someone will come along in a minute and give me a rollicking :lol:
  • 5 down , 20 to go....... :P
  • nicklouse
    or have you tried to PM anyone?
  • Hillsr
    Hillsr Posts: 43
    Hi I am a new user and have a PM from another member but I cannot reply? Can anyone assist? KInd Regards, hillsr
    Scott Foil R1
    Giant Defy 2 - 2010
    Giant Roam XR2