memory map printing to A3

oo_yasser
oo_yasser Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in MTB general
Hi Guys, I'm new to this site so this is my first post. I know the subject has bee covered before but it was a bit before my time.

Anyways, I'm trying to Select and print to A3 on memmap. I'm not looking to scale up becuase this would just give you an A4 footprint scaled to A3. I understand that there is a patch or other means to alter memmap software to acheive this.

My question is; has anyone used such a patch or know what is involved. Thanks.

Max

Comments

• shoddy
    shoddy Posts: 63
    Im sorry if i have missunderstood, but can you not just do a screen dump and then paste into a MS Word document that is set up as A3 pages? You could print from there.
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    Have you tried contacting the provider? Presumably Memory Map?
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • hi, Thanks for the replies, with all the strange ways of doing this and pasting into other programs you you will get the 1/25000format but you loose the 1/25000 scale. And this is what I am after for navigation.

let me try to explain what i'm after. When your print box appears in memmap you can enter setting. if you have selected A4/ 1/25000 option and then press continue, the green box that appears will be at A4 Scale. and then you can print. But if you select A3 in the setting the green box will appear in A3 scale but it will not let you print.

Now apparently this is a condition of licence from OS. From what I have read so far, memmap is capable of printing
    in A3 or larger if require or possible by your printer. This is supposedly achieved by changing this setting within the programming and this is where a patch comes in.

If i am talking b***ocks, someone please tell me and then tell me how to do it properly. Thanks.

Max
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    So to access a patch try the company who made it?
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco