Office discussion.

2»

Comments

• Hmm.

When I went up to Uni, the guy across the hall from me had spent a long time travelling around the world in his year off. I had wanted to do that, but hadn't.

He hadn't seemed to have learned very much from his time travelling though. That always puzzled me.

You know what I'm going to say next, don't you?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    edited September 2012
    It's definitely a trivial part of my life. Entertaining and enriching sure, but it doesn't add any value to anyone but me.

Don't sell yourself short. Your participation in sport gives me a chuckle at least. :lol:
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Greg66 wrote:

You seduced him didn't you?
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Greg66 wrote:
    Hmm.

When I went up to Uni, the guy across the hall from me had spent a long time travelling around the world in his year off. I had wanted to do that, but hadn't.

He hadn't seemed to have learned very much from his time travelling though. That always puzzled me.

Probably.

I was more competitive at school in class. Wanted the top marks in the class etc.

Probably learned more about work in = reward and general discipline there than I did at sport.

And that did matter! So I was told anyway. Turns out it's all apparently inflated to pointlessness anyway, but I was convinced at the time :P. But y'know, better grades got me to places I wanted to go. Getting a good pike dive didn't really do that.
  • Greg T wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

You seduced him didn't you?

Bummed him to within an inch of his life.

Well, you know. One thing led to another...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Anyone who thinks sport trivial should read Friday Night Lights
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Or maybe talk to Andre Escobar's family.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Paulie W wrote:
    Anyone who thinks sport trivial should read Friday Night Lights

Surely in that, the trivial pursuit of sport brought together people to deal with untrivial issues, like social deprivation and limited opportunities etc.

The sport itself is trivial. The result of their matches is trivial compared to the things they do whilst doing the sport.

Right?