Tea

2»

Comments

• pangolin wrote:
    Notes is good, by Trafalgar Square. And Love in a Cup in Aldgate.

I don't mind tea, but barely drink it any more. There was a tradition of making tea 2 or 3 times a day in the office, that once you were in was really hard to get out of. 'It's your turn' etc. Don't like it enough to be bothered with all that!

We stopped doing the "drinks rounds' when the team got too damn' big. You'd spend 30 minutes prepping the damn things.

Oh, and clearly I'm missing out on decent coffee as I quite like our Costa coffee from the canteen.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    I used to love tea more than coffee especially Earl Grey although my dad makes the best cup of tea ever but in August 2008 i decided on the spur of the moment to detox and gave up caffeine. Not for any reason, medical or otherwise, i just like a challenge.

The headaches were horrendous for about a week and once i got through it i just never went back. I never drank brown coloured carbonated sugar water either (I'm an adult after all) so soft drinks weren't an issue.

I just drink fruit or herbal teas now, Twinings do a good range.

I avoid other foods including energy drinks/gels with caffeine in too although I do occasionally have a slice of coffee cake.

Lots of people including my parents think I'm strange, I don't care.
    FCN = 4
  • 2 things:

1: Nothing sold by Costa can accurately be described as 'coffee'
    2: Tea (in all its forms) is an abomination.

I'm intrigued to know what your criteria is for working out what is coffee and what isn't.

It's pretty simple. Does it taste nice, or is it bitter, over extracted, and bland? Try an espresso from Costa/Starbucks and then try one from somewhere that gives a crap - Prufrock, Flat White, Flat Cap, Monmouth. Incidentally places like that tend to be cheaper as well.

Oh and coffee isn't a shot of watery brown stuff topped off with a pint of scalded milk, which appears to be what Starbucks sell.

Have to say, taste aside, I just don't get the whole pint of hot brown milk that American style coffee chains sell... There's basically barely any coffee flavour, you may as well just drink hot milk with a it of brown dye in it... If you get a machiato from 1 of these places you might get something that resembles a normal size capuccino in Italy...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Well, I'm probably going to be ostracised from these parts for saying this, but I happen to like lattes....from my local Costa. I'm quite fond of Nero and, dare I say it, sometimes Starbucks. I also enjoy spending a bit of time in Origin Coffee when I'm down in Cornwall to try different coffees and learn a bit more about it as well as visit places up in the big city like the Department of Coffee & Social Affairs. And I do like an espresso from time to time.

I guess that I'm just an easily pleased amateur....bit like with my cycling really.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Anyone tried the coffee in Herman ze German? Pretty nice!
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,340
    Ahem! This the Tea Thread. The Silly Commuter Coffee thread is here
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    And only Communists drink decaff tea.

This is because they consider proper tea as theft.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rjsterry wrote:

So it is. Drink gallons of the stuff. Tetley. Milk. No sugar. Job done.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Don't you lot know nuffink?

"tea" is what your mum/wife has on the table for you to eat when you get home from work...
  • rjsterry wrote:

Well said.

Tea. Well brewed. Plenty of milk. No sugar - if you want sugar with it eat some cake.