bacon & Egg friday

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
there is nowt finer than a bacon an egg butty on a friday with loads of red sauce

that is all
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• Dellsinho
    Dellsinho Posts: 100
    ketchup?
    Canyon Roadlite
    Boardman Hybrid
    Dolan FXE
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    what the hell is red sauce?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Dellsinho wrote:
    ketchup?

no he was to slow ba boom tshhhh i'll get my jacket then shall i :mrgreen:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • Dellsinho
    Dellsinho Posts: 100
    Dellsinho wrote:
    ketchup?

no he was to slow ba boom tshhhh i'll get my jacket then shall i :mrgreen:

4.5/10
    Canyon Roadlite
    Boardman Hybrid
    Dolan FXE
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    mudcow007 wrote:
    there is nowt finer than a bacon an egg butty on a friday with loads of red sauce

that is all
    Sorry, couldn't possibly agree. Friday is actually fryday for me. This is my usual lunch at the cafe:
    plate.jpg
    Bubble is optional depending on how hungry I am. Brown sauce of course.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    I skipped the bubble as one of the girls in marketing bought cakes in for her birthday. Did add bacon though, lovely.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    what the hell is red sauce?
    S'wot Danny Baker calls it on his radio prog on Saturday mornings - The Red Sauce Brown Sauce Game.

Get some sporting celeb on the phone and a couple of punters to guess the answers to questions that only the B-lister knows the answer to - e.g has he got lots of box sets of DVDs, just the odd one or two box sets given as gifts, or no box sets at all? Punters have a guess; B-lister gives the answer, points make ineffective cheer.

All culminates in the final big question - Sausage sandwich. Red sauce, brown sauce, or no sauce at all? All with tension filled music underneath. Note the lack of any effeminate other sauces, or mayonnaise, french mutard etc. Red or brown. Not Ketchup or Daddies. Red or Brown.

R5L, Saturday 9-11. They play this at about 9:35. Catch it on iPlayer or the podcast.

Oh is that the time. I must do some work.
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Veronese68 wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

that is all
    Sorry, couldn't possibly agree. Friday is actually fryday for me. This is my usual lunch at the cafe:
    plate.jpg
    Bubble is optional depending on how hungry I am. Brown sauce of course.

Too many beans. And I think most fried breakfasts are let down with poor quality sausages. I do like a bit of bubble though. And hash browns are an absolute must, despite what any traditionalists may tell you. Nothing soaks a hangover up like greasy potato.
  • I am sorry, the OP is wrong. Any sandwich with a fried egg in is automatically brown (pref HP) sauce. Smoked bacon on its own can be red sauce. Sausage is brown, mustard or none depending upon the variety and quality of the sausages. Sausage egg & mushroom: always brown. Real men like their sausage in the brown.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Sorry yeah it was ketchup, of the Heinz variety

if we go down the route of brown sauce, there is only one that will suffice an that my friends is Daddy's
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    3 jam doughnuts at lunchtime.... don't think I could face a fry up
  • No sauce! None at all!

If you mus' saus', a paper-thin layer of HP.
    Hills are like half life - they wait until you're 50% recovered from one before hitting you in the face with the next.

http://www.pedalmash.co.uk/