My Race Face upgraded Trek

Scion1
Scion1 Posts: 27
edited December 2012 in Your mountain bikes
This is my 2001 Trek Fuel 90. Lots have changed since i bought the bike including upgrading the forks, brakes and components to Race Face.
img08502.jpg

The frame is Treks Alpha slr aluminum with a Fox Float taking care of the rear suspention. The bike came with Rolf Satelite wheels which are lightweight and look great. i have not changed the chainset wich is a mixture of XT and LX. I upgraded the brakes to XTR and was happy with the results.

img08427.jpg

I upgraded the folks to RockShock Psylo's (Travel: 80 - 125 mm) they have lock out and variable travel. The tires are Bontrager Jones AC and have been on te bike all this time with no punctures.

img08486.jpg

I might upgrade the rear shock in the near future to something i can lock out or something but the bike has been amazing for the last 10 years and ive had no issues. The weight of the bike is 25 pounds.

Race Face uprgrades
Bottom Bracket ISIS, Next LP crank set, XY seatpost, Low riser bar and headset.

img08475.jpg

img08494.jpg

Comments

• jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Am i imagining it or does your bike have a flex stem on it?? not seen one of those in a VERY long time.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    You're imagining it.

Used to really like those cranks back in the day!

All very old school, looks like that fork has ruined the geometry, but as long as you like it!
  • Scion1
    I bought the psylo forks so I could have more travel on the down hill sections. I normally ride trails with about 80 to 90 of travel. It is old so yeah old school it is. I still love it and it's fantastic to ride.
  • Scion1
    The bikes just had a full service and feels brand new again. I've also put some new bontrager x 4 tyres on. They perform really well in the lovely British weather.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice trek buddy,

My lbs is selling one of those, there light as well.
  • I have always liked that shape Trek. Lovely looking bike :D
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Very retro, very tasteful....nice!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Scion1
    Thanks for the comments guys. The bike rides really well. I would like more rear travel than the 80mm but other than that I can't complain.