Garmin 500 - upload batch of gpx files

thefd
thefd Posts: 1,021
edited August 2012 in Road general
Hi all,

I have just got myself a garmin edge 500. I want to import all my previous rides from Strava. I can obviously export them as gpx files. But other than adding them one by one to Garmin Connect is there a faster way? I would ideally like to put them on the 500 and transfer them across to garmin connect as then it will keep a running total on the device of miles covered and time.

Any ideas?

Thanks
2017 - Caadx
2016 - Cervelo R3
2013 - R872
2010 - Spesh Tarmac

Comments

• bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    if you read the upload box on Strava it has a big bit that says you email them all the files and they will upload them for you....

just compress them to a zip file first as you'll find abut a 75% reduction in file size for these files.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    Bigpikle wrote:
    if you read the upload box on Strava it has a big bit that says you email them all the files and they will upload them for you....

just compress them to a zip file first as you'll find abut a 75% reduction in file size for these files.

And what use is that going to be to him as he wants to DOWNLOAD his data from Strava to put it on Garmin Connect!!!!!
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    NewTTer wrote:
    Bigpikle wrote:

And what use is that going to be to him as he wants to DOWNLOAD his data from Strava to put it on Garmin Connect!!!!!
    Yea don't worry. I was wanting to do it the other way round. I have manually added all 86 rides.

Only thing I cannot work out is how to alter my total miles and time on the Garmin. Also the time is completely different on Garmin Connect (compared to the time on Strava) even though they are the same files!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac