why can't manufacturers release bikes on time?

carrock
carrock Posts: 1,103
edited August 2012 in Road general
Sick of using our mountain bikes for 25 mile commute so ordered a pair of Specialized crux elite crossers for myself and mrs carrock.

Was given first week in sept as delivery date, later clarified ( 2 days ago!) as 6 september

So flogged the mountain bikes on ebay to make space

Just found out now release has been put back til 28 september, which will cost us an extra £200 in fuel to drive to work.

Am I justified in feeling hacked off?

In hindsight perhaps should have waited until delivery before getting rid of MTBs but didnt have the space to be honest

Comments

• Sentral
    Sentral Posts: 64
    I'd be annoyed, but you if you insist of pre-ordering then you need to accept that delays happen in the real world.
    First world problems...
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    You took a gamble getting rid of them, nothing is 100% certain. You must have thought there was a benefit in doing that, or simply didn't anticipate that there could be a possible delay. That's not Specialized's fault.

As far as delays .. could be delays in the factory, perhaps a supplier let them down with materials, or maybe a logistics problem. Perhaps the first batch out of the factory was all allocated to North American shops, and your supplier didn't get his order in early enough to get some of the first batch? Could be loads of things!

Borrow a bike of a mate .. everyone knows someone with a bike they don't use. You can send me £100 of the £200 I saved you. :D
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    a happy ending. The first batch of bikes is all sold out- fortunately mine is in the first batch as it was pre-ordered

The second batch for general sale is due on the 28th....
  • Less than two weeks ago ordered a 2013 Trek Madone from my LBS. given delivery date of 10th Sept. Got phone call this morning to say its arrived. Bloody excellent service.

Name of bike shop supplied on request!!
    I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
    Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
    Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
    Trek Madone - Carbon