One down, doubtless many more to go. But it's a start
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
XM-057 rigid 29er

Comments

• estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    well it is

his first drink at 6am, he has been boozing like that for years

locals probably knew (might be drunks too) village bobby probably was aware of it as well

but it takes a RTA for them to look into this

how many complaints about his tractor driving in the last 18 months....

but now it is legal fact the penalties for such actions as his, which is very very good (only been 110 years of cars using roads.... cutting edge again UK)
  • wod1
    wod1 Posts: 61
    "Mr Richardson was clearly visible - cycling close to the kerb and wearing bright clothing"

So the judge thinks it easier to see a cyclist that is close to the kerb?

or is the judge saying that it is of greater crime to have hit the cyclist seeing he was close to the kerb
  • is that correct? He was knocked 86 feet into the air?
  • wod1 wrote:
    "Mr Richardson was clearly visible - cycling close to the kerb and wearing bright clothing"

So the judge thinks it easier to see a cyclist that is close to the kerb?

or is the judge saying that it is of greater crime to have hit the cyclist seeing he was close to the kerb

The latter. The judge was probably pointing out the cyclist was not reckless/dangerous whereas the driver was. His remarks go on record, and if the driver appeals he will find it difficult to use the cyclist's actions as a basis for doing so.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • I personally think that's disgusting. He'll be out in 12 months on good behaviour. It's not so much the hitting the bloke, like he says accidents happen, but the way he drove off and tried to cover it up knowing full well he was over the limit.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    He should be in jail for as long as the victim is still healing, seems a fair deal.
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    is that correct? He was knocked 86 feet into the air?

I'm not sure about that, either. Even 85ft through the air (i.e. parallel to the ground) sounds unlikely. The fall back to earth from 85ft into the air (suggests straight up) would most likely be fatal. 26 feet not metres, maybe?

Rob
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    well

I hope he likes prison food and penis............