Not impressed with Halfords

nbuuifx
nbuuifx Posts: 302
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
Needed a new Gatorskin 700x23 tyre, after looking around I found Halfords were the cheapest. They had it at 21.99 but then had 20% off so it came out at £17.59.

So I sat there trying to order it plus a puncture repair kit, plus some tyre levers.

Everytime I put the order through I couldn't get to the end because one of the items would be out of stock, I tried just about every puncture repair kit. Eventually I got fed up and was passing Halfords later that day so thought I'd pop in and look what they had available (then order online to get it cheaper!). When I went in store all the puncture repair kits I tried to order online at the cheaper price were there on the shelf at the much higher prices! They didn't have the tyre though.

So I went back on later that evening when I got home, got the tyre in the basket £17.59 went to pay and it said it would take 2 days to be instore then I could collect (I gave up on the other bits). As I went to the confirmation screen the price changed to £21.99 even though it said 20% off next to it. I tried a few more times and gave up and emailed them.

Had a reply back the next day to say there was a technical glitch but it should be sorted now, so logged on to find the 20% offer had gone altogether so it was just £21.99!

Been away for a few days and thought I'd better order it now at the £21.99 and was pleasntly surprised to see the 20% offer is now back on - so off I went to order it and they've changed the price to £31.99! So £25.59 now with the 20% off.

Ok ok I'm moaning about only a few quid but it pee'd me off and I'm now off to order from somewhere else - so sod you Halfords :D

Comments

• Adotparker
    Adotparker Posts: 128
    How can this be????... Halfords are soooooooooooo good and all?
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • nbuuifx
    Order now placed at Wiggle £21.29 for the gatorskin there. Also got a few other bits.

I don't normally have any problems with halfords, I just get a bit annoyed at how I have to order everything online then pick up. I've even had to order on my phone whilst instore then show the reservation number to save about £20 on a purchase.
  • I went in the store and they ordered a set in within 2 days
    Don't call me sir I work for a living
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    I've never heard a bad word about Halfords...
  • Adotparker
    I love Halfords... for car polish and tools......... leave the bikes, to the bike experts!
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • Adotparker
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    I've never heard a bad word about Halfords...

Is that with a hint of sacrascm?? if so i like it!! :mrgreen:
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • no flys on you
  • nbuuifx
    I went in the store and they ordered a set in within 2 days

But then you have to pay extortionate instore prices.
  • nbuuifx
    Very impressed with Wiggle.

Ordered on Wednesday at 7pm at night, so they wouldn't get the order until Thursday AM. I had free delivery (the slow option). The tyre and other bits arrived this morning at 8am. Fantastic service.

I was also able to pay with paypal which had just enough to cover the amount in the account which I had forgot about - so even better! :)