Tommasini Super Prestige

Fell Runner
Fell Runner Posts: 30
edited August 2012 in Your road bikes
I am trying to establish the a little history about my father’s Tommasini’s bike that he hand build the bike in the early 1990s (I think), I remember the frame being bought from a bike shop in Frodsham, Cheshire UK, with him paying around £1300 for the frame (I vaguely recall).

For the last 10 years it has been my possession and mainly not ridden, apart from a sprint triathlon back in 2010.

I am trying to find out also a little history about the bike on the brakes and gears which are both Campagnolo.

A link to some photos here
https://picasaweb.google.com/1128843959 ... directlink

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Ian
Derbyshire
Ribble Stealth R872 (105 Groupset)
Bob Jackson 1984 Winter Commute

Comments

• heathy_76
    heathy_76 Posts: 213
    Lovely bike.

Try here for some more info...........

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12773071&hilit=tommasini
  • lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    Nice bike. Those are some strange looking brakes!
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    edited August 2012
    borat_nice-1.jpg
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    lc1981 wrote:

You are kidding aren't you, They are Campag Deltas IMO the most lust worthy brakes ever made.

I would love to build up a Colnago Master , Tommasini or Pegoretti with those brakes and period Campag record.
  • Kal85
    Kal85 Posts: 17
    Beautiful bike! Just wow!
  • Ian the sole importer for Tommasini frames at the time was the cycle centre in frodsham. The figure of £1300.00 would probably have been for the complete build. From the pictures it looks like it is mainly Campagnolo Record, the chainset may be Chorus, as the differences were very small. The light coloured rubbers on the top of the brakes indicate they are probably laterer 5 pivot version(the best version imo). The "Delta" brakes are with out a dought the best looking brakes ever made and very sought after. I have a few pairs one on my Tommasini as seen in the link in a previous post.
    Building:
    S-Works Venge, Ultegra DI2, Carbon Clinchers
    Race:
    Moda Stretto, Force Groupset, American Classic Carbon 58`s

Winter:
    Whyte Suffolk, Hydro Disks

Retro:
    Tommasini Super Prestige Full Campagnolo C/W Delta`s
  • lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    tim wand wrote:
    lc1981 wrote:

You are kidding aren't you, They are Campag Deltas IMO the most lust worthy brakes ever made.

I didn't say they looked bad, I just meant unusual. I've never seen them before.
  • Thank you all for the comments so far. I didn’t realise that the brakes were unique.

'Super Prestige', almost looks like our bikes could have been separated at birth!

I have added some more photos to the original set

https://picasaweb.google.com/1128843959 ... directlink

Can I ask for your opinions on some Campagnolo Chorus Brake/Levers that I also have, these have never been used or opened probably purchased mid to late 1990s.

I am trying to find out exact make, year and estimated value.

Thanks
    Ian
    Ribble Stealth R872 (105 Groupset)
    Bob Jackson 1984 Winter Commute