What do you think?

bob2012
bob2012 Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
Hi I'm new around here.

I'm looking to buy my first road bike, I've been to Halfords to see what they had but they seemed unhelpful and didn't really care so I've been doing my own research. I've got about £400 to spend, as I've read there are well documented bikes that seem to be offered to everyone with this amount of money.

On my travels around the web I have seen this forme longcliffe 4.0 bike for £375 (I know RRP is £500+ but i've seen one discounted). Does anyone have any experience with forme? Would this be a good entry level bike?

Thanks,
Harry

Comments

• alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    That's a shame because the Carrera Virtuoso and Vanquish models are very good value for their respective prices (no where else will you get a Tiagra shifter equipped bike for £500). They also often have 20% off weekends. I know I wouldn't want to use Halfords, ideally, but these particular bikes are very good value for money.

I don't know anything about the Forme, but at the reduced price it could be reasonable, but I don't think Microshift branded shifters are held in very good esteem; they are a cheaper option than the Shimano 2300 (cheaper) or Tiagra (better) shifters on the Carrera. (Note, the web site says Tiagra, but others say Sora).

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... o-09-34691