Front derailleur issues

Dirk1978
Dirk1978 Posts: 148
edited August 2012 in Workshop
I am having issues with my front derailleur. I have to click the lever twice to change from the big ring to the little ring. Does anyone know why? And what i can do to fix it?

Cheers

Comments

• snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    which set up do you have?

Do you have to shift up twice to get to the big ring? some shifters are set up for 2 clicks to drop to the little ring, first click moves it slightly across the big ring in case of cross chaining and the second click will drop it down but it only takes one shift to go back up.

if it is taking 2 shifts to go down and 2 to go up then you may want to look at cleaning/lubing the cables.
  • Rodders30
    Rodders30 Posts: 314
    Is it a triple? I have 2 micro clicks. So if im in the biggest at the front, then change up at the back, if the front starts to rub, a little click on the front shifter and it moves slightly. Then the next will be a big shift to drop to the middle ring. I have the same on the middle ring too.
    Trek 1.5 Road
    Haro MTB
  • Cable tension not high enough - the first click is the trim and the second is the shift itself. Slack off the nut, pull the cable through as tight as possible, tighten up and try again.
    It doesn't get any easier, but I don't appear to be getting any faster.