Just in case you get offered a 2nd hand Pinarello...

msmancunia
msmancunia Posts: 1,415
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
... looks like it fell out of the back of a house in Manchester

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... bury-house
Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity

Comments

• gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    You reap what you sow. I suppose it is karma after he cheated at the Olympics by falling off intentionally.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    gabriel959 wrote:
    You reap what you sow. I suppose it is karma after he cheated at the Olympics by falling off intentionally.

And you said you never paid much attention to the track cycling as it's boring and also and more importantly it's not against any rules
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    gabriel959 wrote:

Just to be clear, you think he deserved to have his house ransacked, his car burnt out and bike stolen by burglars?

You know, like I said, just trying to be clear.
  • gabriel959
    Paul E wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

And you said you never paid much attention to the track cycling as it's boring and also and more importantly it's not against any rules

You are quite right. I don't pay MUCH attention to track cycling, only a little.

It is against the rules to fall off intentionally, the fact that he didn't get penalised is another matter all together.

:twisted:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    dodgy wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

Just to be clear, you think he deserved to have his house ransacked, his car burnt out and bike stolen by burglars?

But he did fall off his bike in order to illustrate the mechanical. Would have liked to see someone in his family killed ideally.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    Are there any cyclists that gabriel959 thinks are not cheating or doping?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:

Probably only gabriel959.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    rjsterry wrote:
    No british ones, certainly
  • gabriel959
    dodgy wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

If you want to be really clear you should know it wasn't his car, it was his flat-mate's car.

No I don't approve of the ransacking and car burn thing. Just of the bike theft, which, in any case, its such a fugly bike that if it was mine I would consider it a blessing, and use the insurance money to buy a better looking, and less porky, bike :twisted:
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • gabriel959
    rjsterry wrote:

Probably only gabriel959.

I am currently taking steroids so no mate, even I am not clean!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • gabriel959
    bompington wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Seriously I would love to think there are clean cyclists (professionals) and I am sure there are some but under the current climate it is difficult to vouch for anyone.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Paul E wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

You are quite right. I don't pay MUCH attention to track cycling, only a little.

It is against the rules to fall off intentionally, the fact that he didn't get penalised is another matter all together.

As has been said he had a mechanical which does prompt a restart and rather than gain too much speed and fall off he chose to right away.

So it wasn't against the rules, sour grapes or just a clenbuterol side effect kicking in
  • Dellsinho
    Dellsinho Posts: 100
    I always felt really disheartened when a man on a Pinarello Paris flies past me on my commute in to work, now I don't feel so bad knowing who it is/was.
    Canyon Roadlite
    Boardman Hybrid
    Dolan FXE
  • gabriel959
    Paul E wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Paul E wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

As has been said he had a mechanical which does prompt a restart and rather than gain too much speed and fall off he chose to right away.

So it wasn't against the rules, sour grapes or just a clenbuterol side effect kicking in

LOL. There is no evidence that it was a mechanical, apart from Mr Brailsford saying it was. Even he himself said he fell off because he made a bad start!

So, yes it was against the rules but the UCI turned a blind eye, like it has done many times, including with Contadope.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Paul E wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    Paul E wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

LOL. There is no evidence that it was a mechanical, apart from Mr Brailsford saying it was. Even he himself said he fell off because he made a bad start!

So, yes it was against the rules but the UCI turned a blind eye, like it has done many times, including with Contadope.

If the commisars and the ruling body do not indicate that it was against the rules, then it must be allowed right? Or do you go against the innocent before proven guilty principle?
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • rjsterry
    gabriel959 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Seriously I would love to think there are clean cyclists (professionals) and I am sure there are some but under the current climate it is difficult to vouch for anyone.

Thought not.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    gabriel959 wrote:

Just to give Gabriel a wee bit of support, I am with him on this one.
    Yes, he was let off with it so it must be "within the rules" but the rules must be flawed when a rider can admit to throwing himself to the floor because he had a bad start and wants a restart.
    Doubt that logic? Watch a replay of the interview where he admits it and look at Chris Hoy's face.

Doesn't warrant what has hapened though.....
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • gabriel959
    rjsterry wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Thought not.

I didn't say there aren't, you did! :wink:

I am just being realistic, if I had to put my faith in a rider being clean that would be David Moncutie.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    Presumably there is nothing in the rules of Badmindton to preclude hitting the ball into the net.

Why would the cyclist not be DQed under the same Olympic Code as the Badminton players?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    gabriel959 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Thought not.

I am just being realistic, if I had to put my faith in a rider being clean that would be David Moncutie.

Any thoughts on Big Mig?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • gabriel959
    doper am afraid.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I miss DDD.
  • rjsterry
    gabriel959 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Thought not.

Well, you avoided the question, really: I didn't ask if you felt you could vouch for them - unless you were part of Team GB cycling squad, that would be an absurd claim to make anyway. From our vantage point, we can make a balance of probabilities assessment at best.

Rules are always applied with some degree of discretion. We might not agree with the particular decision, but bitching about it is very unsporting - let's leave that to football managers. In any case, these things tend to balance out - Viccy Pendleton was DQ'd for crossing the sprinter's line when this was only due to her being barged by the other rider.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• gabriel959
    No, I didn't, I might have been a bit vague but I answered I am sure there are some. You decided to ignore it though.

Regarding British riders I wasn't speaking about them specifically, I was speaking about pro-cycling as a whole, I don't think we are in a much better place than we were 10 years ago. Some people seem to think I have something against britain and that isn't the case. I love this country, I think it is a brilliant place to live, better than Spain IMO. I am married to a british woman and have a daughter born here with another one coming shortly. They might be the next Rebecca Romero's for all I know :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • rjsterry
    gabriel959 wrote:
    No, I didn't, I might have been a bit vague but I answered I am sure there are some. You decided to ignore it though.
    fair point, my mistake.
    Regarding British riders I wasn't speaking about them specifically, I was speaking about pro-cycling as a whole, I don't think we are in a much better place than we were 10 years ago. Some people seem to think I have something against britain and that isn't the case. I love this country, I think it is a brilliant place to live, better than Spain IMO. I am married to a british woman and have a daughter born here with another one coming shortly. They might be the next Rebecca Romero's for all I know :)

I didn't take it as an anti-British thing, but from what I've seen and heard (perhaps I haven't investigated as thoroughly as you) your position does seem to be a bit over-cynical.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    rjsterry wrote:
    In any case, these things tend to balance out - Viccy Pendleton was DQ'd for crossing the sprinter's line when this was only due to her being barged by the other rider.

That DQ was only correct - Mears pushed VP into a mistake. VP went out of her lane and only won by less than a tyre width. Had she kept to her lane, she qite likely would have lost anyway. She could hardly have not been DQ'd - had the roles been reversed, nobody would have been upset for Mears. The annoying one was the womens pursuit where the infraction wouldn't have changed the result and so the wrong team went through. But again, the rules were correctly applied.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    gabriel959 wrote:
    I am married to a british woman

Comin' over 'ere, takin' our wimmins! :lol:

Also,

Dey tuk uhr juuuuhhhbbss!
    0.jpg
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    looks like this thread is spinning wildly out of control, good job he was wearing a helmet when he fell orff....
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ginjafro wrote:
    looks like this thread is spinning wildly out of control, good job he was wearing a helmet when he fell orff....
    and all without DDD. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    daviesee wrote:
    Ginjafro wrote:
    and all without DDD. :wink:

So who are we going to ask Rick to ban on this thread?
    Faster than a tent.......