front end problem

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited August 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
my specilized is startng have faults :-(

when braking heavy or i lean the bike in to a corner the front wheel is pulled or moves to the left and the tyre rubs on the forks the qr is fitted properly and level

heres whats up front if it helps

dt swiss 445d 26 inch
mountain king 2.4
RockShox Recon Silver TK, Turn Key damper, Solo Air, alloy steerer, rebound adjust, disc only, 120mm travel
Tektro Draco, hydraulic disc, ceramic pad, Light Wave rotor, S/M:180mm rotor
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Sounds like time to have it into a shop.

Sounds like the wheel has lost its tension in the spokes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sigorman85
    was in the shop today about the bushings that have worn and the bolts and forgot to ask but i will tomorrow

ive done 1675 mile in 13 months since ive had it ......so is this a new set of wheel or just a tweek for the spokes?
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    If it's just a loss of tension then it just needs retensioning. £10 per wheel last time I had it done.

If the wheel has a flat spot (separate problem) it will be time for a rebuild with a new rim, or time for a new wheel.

There's no play in the wheel bearings?
  • sigorman85
    nope no play that i see ....erm whats a flat spot?

• sigorman85
    Help lol?

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Just take it into a shop and let them have a look. You have so many threads, none of which seem to have been solved as you do not give the correct or all the info.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sigorman85 wrote:
    was in the shop today about the bushings that have worn and the bolts and forgot to ask but i will tomorrow

ive done 1675 mile in 13 months since ive had it ......so is this a new set of wheel or just a tweek for the spokes?
    err what bearings?

just get the thing serviced FFS.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sigorman85
    just asking but hey