Fork difference

beerglass007
beerglass007 Posts: 39
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
So I currently have a Norco Sight 2 SE 2012 which comes with the standard

Fox 32 Float RL FIT 140 mm QR15 Tapered steerer

Had a few issues with this bike and thinking of replacing it with the

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR EVO Comp 2013, which comes with this fork.....

Custom RockShox Revelation RC3, 3P damper, tapered alloy steerer, 3-position compression and reb adj., 20mm Maxle Lite, 150mm travel

Question is, whats better ?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Between the bikes or the forks? Surely if you're changing bikes the point is moot?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The Rev has more adjustability with the damper.
  • Well i'm looking at the complete bike setup and the forks make a massive difference in handling

So knowing if the Spesh forks will be as good as the Norco forks

Not ever having any Rock Shocks before, I'm worried that 150MM travel on 32MM will flex
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Not ever having any Rock Shocks before, I'm worried that 150MM travel on 32MM will flex
    Like an overcooked noodle

Have had QR straight steerer and 20mm tapered Revs on my Cannondale. The QRs were truly awful and although the thru axle tapers were better they are still not stiff like Domains or Pikes or Lyriks

Straight line, up-and-down they are fine but show them a corner a rock/root garden or simply some smeary slabs or rubble and they are all over the place you can see the legs walking in corners and twanging backwards and forwards.

Great shame because the internals and the adjustability are fantastic they can be set up any way you want but the internals write cheques the chassis can't cash.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    It will, however, flex less than a Fox fork of the same length. Overall the Rev is just a better fork.