Sunn Travis/Prim - standover height

Uphill downhill
Uphill downhill Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in MTB general
Hello everybody!

I am thinking to buy Sunn Travis frame from CRC, but need to know standover height. Sunn Prim will also do since it has identical geometry to Travis.

Does any of you guys have Travis or Prim in size XL, and would do me a favor and measure standover?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Standover height is totally not important, fit is.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thanks for your response. By fit, you mean ETT?

I am aware of ETT, REACH, head tube angle and seat tube angle, but I am also looking for frame with low standover height.

What about size L, anybody has this bike in size L? If I knew Travis' standover in size L then I could compare it to Commencal Premier's geometry, which is by the way pretty similar to Sunn Travis.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No. Just how it fits you when you sit on it and how it feels when you ride it. The numbers are not important.
    Why is standover height important to you?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    it just is to some people - otherwise half the manufacturers wouldn't be trying to improve it.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    supersonic wrote:
    it just is to some people - otherwise half the manufacturers wouldn't be trying to improve it.
    Are they trying to improve it? Or are they just making sure that you can stand with your feet on the floor and not de-nut yourself?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Many designs seem to be trying to, rarely see a straight across top tube. Useful if you fall forward onto your feet. I like to have a bit of clearance.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    supersonic wrote:
    Many designs seem to be trying to, rarely see a straight across top tube. Useful if you fall forward onto your feet. I like to have a bit of clearance.
    I think it's because suspension designs are raising the whole bike up, so if they didn't lower the top tube, you couldn't actually straddle the bike, whilst chatting, or just chilling, for example.