SUPER EXCITED!!

Graydawg
Graydawg Posts: 673
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
Well, I did it....

I took the plunge and put my hardtail MTB up for sale, and it shifted within a week of the advert going online. Somebody got a fab deal on a well looked after bike.... I'll miss her as she was my first proper MTB.... but...........

I went and purchased my first ever Road Bike today!!! I decided not to spend too much and had a budget but after doing some research I found that the B'twin Triban 3 seems to be the best for the money.... so I ordered up one in 60cm size from Decathalon stores and it should be delivered within the next week!

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-id_8167038.html

It seems to get rave reviews on the net, http://www.cyclingscotland.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Triban-3-Review.pdf

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
Went out and treated myself to a nice new Speedo as well to fit to her when she arrives... I'm mainly looking forward to being able to put in a lot of miles without the pain of pushing 2.35" Tyres around! :D:D:D
It's been a while...

Comments

• Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    ... I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that since you used capital letters and two exclamation points... that you're... super excited?

I started on MTBs two decades ago, but it didn't take me long to figure I'd be spending the rest of my life on the road.
  • Graydawg
    haha - yeah you're right I am just a little bit excited!
    Nothing worse than waiting for the delivery now though!!

Must admit I do love the MTB, but it's always a chore getting it out, putting it in the car, getting all the gear together and then driving to location for an hours blast round the trail centre, whereas with a road bike, I can just stick on the helmet, take the bike out and just ride! :D
    It's been a while...
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Christmas Eve eh? :wink:

That looks like a very decent bit of kit for the money. I'm looking around for a winter bike and was intending to go s/h but with your bike available in larger sizes (I need a 60cm) I'm tempted.

Please post some details of your impressions when it arrives. Ta.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Hi know how you feel waiting on my virtuoso being delivered tomorrow,was £429 but had been priced incorrectly instore £379! and i got it for that price result!
  • Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    Graydawg wrote:

Must admit I do love the MTB, but it's always a chore getting it out, putting it in the car, getting all the gear together and then driving to location for an hours blast round the trail centre, whereas with a road bike, I can just stick on the helmet, take the bike out and just ride! :D

... over the past four years, 99.9% of my rides have started from my own front door. Indeed, I've ridden 30 miles just to meet up with folks to do a century and then ridden 30 miles home... it's liberating!!!!
  • BOYDIE
    BOYDIE Posts: 528
    You wont regret it, a great buy, I've had mine for 2 months now,been out on a few club runs, and joined a local Tri team.For the money it is excellent, its not so much different from a Spez allez 16, but almost £275 cheaper, I have had a lot of admiring looks and questions from club members who have seen the "cycling active" review, again a few people looking for a good winter bike.
    Only one gripe, because its a triple ( ive ridden triples before), you tend to get a slight rub on the front mech at the extremities of gear usage, but you can live with it.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Why have you bought tight swimmimg trunks for your new bike?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Graydawg
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Why have you bought tight swimmimg trunks for your new bike?

Cos I like the feeling of them :P
    BOYDIE wrote:
    You wont regret it, a great buy, I've had mine for 2 months now,been out on a few club runs, and joined a local Tri team.For the money it is excellent, its not so much different from a Spez allez 16, but almost £275 cheaper, I have had a lot of admiring looks and questions from club members who have seen the "cycling active" review, again a few people looking for a good winter bike.
    Only one gripe, because its a triple ( ive ridden triples before), you tend to get a slight rub on the front mech at the extremities of gear usage, but you can live with it.

I think I can live with the chain rub for now... I have no intentions of using that granny ring anyway! :D
    Just wish it would hurry up and get delivered! Parcelfarce not Parcelforce!
    It's been a while...
  • goffski
    goffski Posts: 72
    You'll love it. I got the Triban 5 two weeks ago and already clocking up the miles. I was undecided between the 3 & 5 but decided on the 5 as i had a little spare cash.
  • Graydawg
    Well, judging by the time of day and the fact that when last checked my bike was in Perth (100 miles away) at 11:30 "sent on to delivery depot" I guess I wont be getting it now till Monday at the earliest....

Parcelfarce don't deliver on Saturdays here.. :(:(

What makes it most annoying is the fact that it'll be in the City by this evening... hmmm I might just have to make a trip to the depot before it closes at 6pm!

:roll:
    It's been a while...
  • BOYDIE wrote:

I get that on my compact double, just a little. I'm finding hills much tougher on my road bike than my MTB due to the gears, but I'm working on my fitness and trying to keep my cadence up.

Enjoy your new bike Graydawg :)