Vuelta Stage 10 ***SPOILER***

2»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    afx237vi wrote:
    Combined is the most pointless jersey ever. Nobody ever sets out to win it... they just end up with it. And the actual leader is almost always leading another classification, so they never even get to wear it.

I think the person in charge of sponsorship in the Vuelta begs to differ ;).
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Meanwhile, back at the race, the breakaway has been caught and its ~ 30 km to go.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    afx237vi wrote:
    Combined is the most pointless jersey ever. Nobody ever sets out to win it... they just end up with it. And the actual leader is almost always leading another classification, so they never even get to wear it.

Since there's not much happening on the road*, afx, what's the Combined jersey?

*they're all back together and have sped up
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    afx237vi wrote:

Having a jersey that fans and riders actually take interest in would add more value. Like a young riders jersey.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Lichtblick wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Since there's not much happening on the road*, afx, what's the Combined jersey?

*they're all back together and have sped up

Positions in GC, mountain and points classification comibined. Lowest score leads.
  • Lichtblick
    Thanks afx, and I agree with your remark about it!

Why does this stage map show two different routes?
  • Lichtblick
    If they keep this speed up they'll be finished in 20 minutes.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Having a jersey that fans and riders actually take interest in would add more value. Like a young riders jersey.
    So much more fun to design though :)
    cominatieklassement-tdf-85-.jpg
  • Lichtblick
    Lovely scenery, Sky x 5 on the front.
  • Lichtblick
    Can't see Saxo. why is there a long gap then a group off the back?
  • Lichtblick
    3km to go. Any second now it's all going to go wrong?
  • rick_chasey
    Degenkolb.

Standard.

Who's the French champion in 2nd?
  • I'm now totally bored with the sprints here. zzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Lichtblick
    yep, thought that would happen. :-)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Rick, Bouhanni.

Not very many crashes this race. Not like the Tour - crash fest.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Put up a good fight.
  • Lichtblick
    Sky man comes in 9th.

Is it my imagination, or do Sky do all these lead-outs and then............................... nothin. ?
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Sky man comes in 9th.

Is it my imagination, or do Sky do all these lead-outs and then............................... nothin. ?

Imagination. It was Radioshack that led out.
  • Lichtblick wrote:
    Sky man comes in 9th.

I thnk Sky's main motivation today was getting Froome safely inside the 3k. Stannard, who'd normally lead out Swift, peeled off pretty sharpish after the 3k banner and then you saw no Sky guys at the front
  • esv
    esv Posts: 5
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Sky man comes in 9th.

I thnk Sky's main motivation today was getting Froome safely inside the 3k. Stannard, who'd normally lead out Swift, peeled off pretty sharpish after the 3k banner and then you saw no Sky guys at the front

Sky also managed to ride off Henao, loosing 2min40s and dropping from 14th to 23rd in GC.
  • Lichtblick
    OK, the picture on the Eurosport screen on the computer is very small indeed, and I can't have the sound on because I'm at work. Sky were on the front from about 10km to go until v. near the end, and what I meant was that I've seen them doing that before, in this Vuelta, and then..............nothing. i.e., what was all that about if they don't lead right through to the finish. That's what I meant.

Anyhow, where was Contador in all that, please? (Have had to answer phone etc.)
  • esv wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Sky man comes in 9th.

Sky also managed to ride off Henao, loosing 2min40s and dropping from 14th to 23rd in GC.

That's clever :?
  • esv wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Sky man comes in 9th.

That's clever :?

Glad that the Plans B and C have been working out
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    For once Swift was in a perfect position when the sprint started but just went backwards. He seems to be struggling in this race and not just down to lacking team support as he was beating Degenkolb a few weeks back.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    esv wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:
    Sky man comes in 9th.

Not much they can do though - same as with Uran the other day, if Sky had let up then someone else would have taken the pace over instead. I think the 2 Columbians are poor at positioning themselves on this sort of stage as I noticed at the Giro they had a habit of hanging around near the back.
  • frenchfighter
    4 wins in 10 days is very impressive.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Looks like there is a reason for Gadret's lack of form: bad stomach issues. He has withdrawn.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    “It’s been a long period of time without competing for me and the parcours have so far been suitable to the explosive riders. Now it will be suitable to me and the climbers. We’re going into a terrain where I feel more comfortable.”

Contador
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FF post all the pictures you care to. There is too much negativity and not enough luurve around here :)

And I'm turning into a flaming hippy in my dotage :(
    'fool'
  • Pross wrote:
    For once Swift was in a perfect position when the sprint started but just went backwards. He seems to be struggling in this race and not just down to lacking team support as he was beating Degenkolb a few weeks back.

I think he got blocked off by whoever was leading out Degenkolb peeling off in front of him.

He's been disappointing though.