My wife doesnt understand the n+1 rule ;)

JHG
JHG Posts: 24
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
This summer I bought a 2012 Cube LTD Race 26" mountain bike.

I already have 2006 Trek 5200 Road bike and some old mountain bike wich I have used for commuting for years.

She thought I would get rid of the old mountain bike and use the new one to commute. I bought it to use only on MTB trails and dont want to add fenders, lights etc (like I have on the old one). When I told her I was going to keep on using my old and faithfull to commute she had a hard time understanding why I would not use the new one (more likely to be stolen, dont want it to be out in snow and on salted streets this winter etc etc etc).

Well, this is probably something that only bike maniacs can understand :)

p.s. she didnt give me a hard time though, just didnt understand the logig
Jon H. Gudjonsson
2012 Cube LTD Race
2006 Trek 5200

Comments

• rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    just ask her to explain the umpteen million handbags and shoes she owns for her two feet and hands :lol:

hope this helps :D
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    rgliniany wrote:
    just ask her to explain the umpteen million handbags and shoes she owns for her two feet and hands :lol:

hope this helps :D
    was going to upgrade to a better model but this might be my holy water against the blasphemous one
    thanks
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I've started sowing the seeds by suggesting that in time, I'll be able to get a new frame in XS size and transfer all the components off my current bike onto it. It will then do for littl'un when he turns 10 or so, clearing the way for n+1
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Keep in mind as a married man the s-1 rule may be more applicable ;)
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • JHG
    JHG Posts: 24
    Grill wrote:
    Keep in mind as a married man the s-1 rule may be more applicable ;)

I do keep that in mind :)
    Jon H. Gudjonsson
    2012 Cube LTD Race
    2006 Trek 5200