Bought reduced Kask K-10 from CRC - Anyone else got one?

simon_masterson
simon_masterson Posts: 2,740
edited August 2012 in Road general
I finally decided to get a helmet. Partly because it allows me to do any activities in which they're mandatory. I haven't owned one in years; possibly since I was 13-14, so around a decade. I never did like them back then, hence I was never to be seen wearing one as a teenager, though the 'rebellion' of daring to not wear one was obviously a factor. :lol:

Anyway, this one seemed like too good of a deal to pass on, so I went for it. It's better than anything I've used before; it's really light and comfortable, and the fitting system is absolutely brilliant. About the only gripe I have is that it doesn't seem to work all that well with my (Walz) cap with the peak up, but that's it for first impressions.

Anyone else?

Comments

• springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    edited August 2012
    Missed out... Ordered on Friday bit got an email today from CRC that they had a "stock error".

I have ordered a similar one from Wheelies for £65 (which although not as cheap, is still good vfm considering they are £130 rrp). The colour scheme is slightly different to the CRC ones; both are different to the colour scheme on the Kask website, but the design looks identical.

http://www.kaskhelmets.com/Products/Roa ... ASK-K-10_2
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=77085
    http://www.wheelies.co.uk/p55211/Kask-K ... elmet.aspx

Looks like both CRC and Wheelies are both pre 2012 models:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kask-k10-dieci- ... lmet-2012/
    Simon
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I've got a Mojito. Ever since I got it I've sprinted as fast as Cav and climbed as fast as Wiggo - FACT :lol:

Very nice lids!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • dodgerdog
    dodgerdog Posts: 292
    Rolf F wrote:
    I've got a Mojito. Ever since I got it I've sprinted as fast as Wiggo and climbed as fast as Cav - FACT :lol:

Very nice lids!

FTFY! :P
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • rolf_f
    Dodgerdog wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    I've got a Mojito. Ever since I got it I've sprinted as fast as Wiggo and climbed as fast as Cav - FACT :lol:

Very nice lids!

FTFY! :P

I'll happily go with that!
  • springtide9
    @Rolf
    I believe you.. kit makes all of the difference! I seem to have about 26% more power when riding with a Camelpak (even if it's empty) lol
    Simon
  • domc21
    domc21 Posts: 86
    I got one but the fit just didn't seem right so I sent it back...... Really nice helmet! I ended up getting a Giro Ionos with a bargain50% off.
  • rolf_f
    domc21 wrote:
    I got one but the fit just didn't seem right so I sent it back...... Really nice helmet! I ended up getting a Giro Ionos with a bargain50% off.

That's a shame. You possibly should have tried a Mojito - I found both the Mojito and the Ionos really comfortable (not that that is any guarantee of them both working for anyone else) but even at 50% off the Ionos is a strangely heavy helmet for the money.

I'd have been tempted by a K10 for a new commuting helmet but, really I'm sure my old Giro Havoc has a fair few years left in it.
  • springtide9
    The K10 arrived from Wheelies yesterday and really love the fit.

The fit is a bit non traditional in the way the back pivots down and the adjustment is made, but the fit seems fantastic (seems to wrap around my head rather my sitting on top)

But I can see how this probably will not adjust to everyone's head size :roll:
    Simon
  • out of all the helmets i looked at the kask was the one that i liked the most, an as it was on offer i bought one, ive never used a helmet before but now i dont go out without it.
    Scott speedster 20 compact 2013
    Claud butler san remo 2012
  • Good to see some others! Particularly those who have experience of other lids (as I don't).

I have to say, the newer Kasks are a bit better in the looks department than mine (IMO). My K-10 is in the Grey/carbon colour scheme, and was made in 2010, but it's a great lid. I actually haven't managed to go out cycling with it yet. Not being allowed to keep your bikes where you live does not come recommended by me. :lol: