Specialized Tarmac 2013

IDrew
IDrew Posts: 5
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
Hey guys/girls

I would like to hear some advice from experience roadies. I am currently looking for a new road bike as sold my Specialized Allez 16 last year to fund an iPad but now dying to get back on the road.

I saw the Tarmac 2013 at a local bike shop and really likes it but it is way more than what I paid for the last bike. It is still early days for the reviews to come in but in your opinion is it worth it for £1200? Thinking of taking up those interest free payment plans too

http://www.wheelies.co.uk/p55003/Specia ... -Bike.aspx

Look forward reading some responses :wink:

Comments

• If it looks like the right deal go for it. I have a 2008 Tarmac S Works and it's excellent, test ride it if poss, you'll enjoy it I'm sure.
  • Matt_as
    Matt_as Posts: 84
    I have a specialized tarmac expert 2011 and it is a great bike. Not sure what equipment is on your Allez but this is only Sora so not great. Your paying mostly for the frame and get pretty low spec kit. If you could afford I would buy further up the range to get better kit than is on that bike. The frame is a deent frame and really deserves better equipment than that bike has.
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    agreed. the frame is worth at least £850. when you afford it, change the wheels and upgrade to ultegra.then sell your old bits on ebay.

The Tarmac Comp which costs £2500 uses the same frame......
  • juankerr
    juankerr Posts: 1,099
    Nice frame, sh1t wheels & group set. I'd look elsewhere.

If it had 10 speed Tiagra on, then I guess it would be acceptable, but Sora...no.

Can't you find any 2012 bargains?
  • IDrew
    IDrew Posts: 5
    Went back to local bike store and yeah nice frame but parts not really worth £1200 overall. The giant tcr comp 3 2012 is a much better bike with a 105 's so for an extra £99 it's well worth considering