TIRE & SHOCK PUMP - DOES IT EXIST?

guessagain
guessagain Posts: 7
edited August 2012 in Commuting general
I like Topeak Road Morph as a road pump especially it quick release head with a fold out foot pad for high pressure stroke.

I like Specialized Air Tool as a shock pump especially it screw on schrader & it "low" pressure pump rod for precision pressure control (never use the high pressure rod) and the dial pressure gauge is also nice.

So is there a pump that can do both? i.e.:

- Quick release head for Presta valve upto 110 PSI
- Screw head for Schrader Valve upto 100 PSI
- must have fold out foot pad for high pressure stroke
- Dial Pressure Gauge & pressure release button also nice to have

Any GOOD suggestion?

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I can't think of any. A shock pump needs to move small amounts of air up to 300psi. A road pump has to move a lot more air up to 120psi+, and a mtb tyre pump has to move lots more air up to about 50psi. They all do very different jobs.

Are you on a road bike with suspension?! Surely you either take the shock pump and a mtb pump or you take the road pump out with you depending if you're on the MTB or road bike.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You do get some that convert from high vol/low pressure to low vol/high pressure, but they are not as good as a dedicated pump for each.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bails87 wrote:
    I can't think of any. A shock pump needs to move small amounts of air up to 300psi. A road pump has to move a lot more air up to 120psi+, and a mtb tyre pump has to move lots more air up to about 50psi. They all do very different jobs.

Are you on a road bike with suspension?! Surely you either take the shock pump and a mtb pump or you take the road pump out with you depending if you're on the MTB or road bike.

It an unusual bike, it a "Cannondale Bad Boy" using presta road tyre 700c x25 (110 psi preferred) with HeadShok (only go upto 150psi, but I only need 100psi).

I initially bought Specialized AirTool, because of the dual control rod, but these controls is more for MTB/ shock (high volume rod for 26" and low volume rod for Shock.

I need a pump that do 700c/shock and hence I later got "topeak road morph"