The Foo Fighters at Reading

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
F*cking amazing !! I now have a very croaky sore throat from singing and my legs hurt from bouncing.
I'm getting too old for this sh*t....... Roll on next year :mrgreen:
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• ricklilley
    ricklilley Posts: 110
    Saw them at Milton Keynes Bowl last year, and they were awesome. Possibly the best live band i've ever seen!

Don't do big festivals anymore as the cost for me and the wife gets ridiculous, its cheaper to go abroad for a week, and the weathers usually better.
    Specialized Allez sport 2010
    Handsome Dog framed MTB
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    daughters just back from Leeds, thought they were garbage. Cribs were her favourite of the weekend
  • MattC59
    wiffachip wrote:
    daughters just back from Leeds, thought they were garbage. Cribs were her favourite of the weekend

She knows nothing !
    :wink:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Little bit shouty for my liking.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattC59
    seanoconn wrote:
    Little bit shouty for my liking.

Well Kasabian were also rather good on Saturday and the Cure were epic on Friday night !
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    aye, she loved Kasabian

she was amazed how small the Leeds site was compared to V where we were the week before
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    Saw them in Nottingham a few years ago with my daughter, and they were absolutely epic 8)

The best live band I have ever seen :D
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    MattC59 wrote:
    F*cking amazing !! I now have a very croaky sore throat from singing and my legs hurt from bouncing.

You're almost certainly having a mid life crisis Matt. Though from your posts it would appear you've been having it for at least three years now.

Can't your radio get radio 4, or even Radio 2 if you're feeling lively.

The thought of you 'pogoing' next to all the kids still clutching their GCSE results is somewhere between hilarious and deeply troubling for me.

As long as yer enjoying it I suppose.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    edited August 2012
    Was impressed to discover that at their Belfast gig last week they prompted noise complaints to the council from people living up to 4 miles away. Chapeau!

@jim - you really are a bit behind the times old chap - what they've been doing for at least the last 20 years is "moshing". Whatever that is.
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,385
    ricklilley wrote:
    Don't do big festivals anymore as the cost for me and the wife gets ridiculous, its cheaper to go abroad for a week, and the weathers usually better.

I've combined the two for the last couple of years - go to a festival abroad. Fraction of the price and sunshine guaranteed, beer cheaper than my local and the bands are the same as those at the UK festivals. Went to a 90,000 festival in Lisbon this year.

Headliners Stone Roses, Radiohead and The Cure plus this lot:http://www.optimusalive.com/en/lineup .

Tickets, camping, return flights and car hire for a festival in Portugal last year were CHEAPER than a ticket to the middle class family camping weekend that Glastonbury has become. This year a few quid (and I mean a few quid) more.

No brainer.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • MattC59
    jim453 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

You're almost certainly having a mid life crisis Matt. Though from your posts it would appear you've been having it for at least three years now.

Can't your radio get radio 4, or even Radio 2 if you're feeling lively.

The thought of you 'pogoing' next to all the kids still clutching their GCSE results is somewhere between hilarious and deeply troubling for me.

As long as yer enjoying it I suppose.

I'm afraid I have to agree. Having to stop because my back was beginning to ache is not a good look !
    There were several deeply troubling moments, but I think the best was overhearing a bunch on 18yr old girls commenting on some other girls and saying "look at those kids running about, they're so immature !"
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    ricklilley wrote:
    Saw them at Milton Keynes Bowl last year, and they were awesome. Possibly the best live band i've ever

Me too :D
    Drove down from Glasgow and had a great day in the sun. Perfect gig because Biffy were on first.
    Seen Foos a few times and never fail to impress :D
  • dodgerdog
    dodgerdog Posts: 292
    I thought Matt was still suffering the effects of 'Coffeegate'. :lol:

FWIW The Who are the best band I have seen live, IOW festival in 04, otherwise Blur at Brixton in 02.
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • MattC59
    Dodgerdog wrote:
    I thought Matt was still suffering the effects of 'Coffeegate'. :lol:

Nope, I'm pretty much ok. After a day staring at the computer, my eye is tired by about 7pm, but the bruising and burning has healed.

It's amazing how several pints of Gaymers Pear Cider helps the healing process !