Canyon AM 9.0X

Valleygoat
Valleygoat Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,
I`m new to the site, I have been riding a 2001 Giant XTC Team full susser for a couple of years bought off a mate. I ride 2-3 times a week, now is the time to upgrade. My budget is £2500. I have had my eye on the Canyon AM 9.0X for some time.
The issue for me is I can`t try before I buy and there is no WMTB reviews on this range, only on the Canyon XC range. Can anyone give me some feedback or are WMTB planning a review of this range.
I can see the specification is great for the money. just want to know how they ride from the real world.
Also the Iodine 3 Crank Brothers wheelset appears to have a lot of negative comments regarding Hubs, any information would be appreciated.
Regards Valleygoat

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    But there is a very long thread.
    viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12789920
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    If you do the "compare bikes" thing, and stick the 9.0x, 9.0 in it, you'll see there's not a huge difference (apart from XTR vs. X0 and wheels). It seems like most of the price differeance is due to the Crank Brothers bits. Personally I'd choose the 9.0, and, if I really felt it was necessary, use the money saved to buy a nicer set of wheels. The 8.0x looks ok if you have to have SRAM gears, but the fork is downgraded too compared to the 9-series.
  • Think the spec on the 9.0x is quite a bit better than that of the 9.0. You get full X0 as opposed to a mixture on the 9.0 of xtr, xt and avid 7, only 2 components are XTR. Weight is better on the X, what put me off was the how the wheels look.

All that said, according to the website, the 9.0X is now all sold out.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    The AM 8.0 X was reviewed in July's MBR and won the test with 9 out of 10.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR