Rather pleased!

Hels147
Hels147 Posts: 15
edited September 2012 in Women
Ok, I know it's a bit silly, but I did whinlatter north loop yesterday and for the first time ever I actually overtook three blokes on the trail (it would possibly have been just as satisfying if they'd been lasses, but I didn't see any other females on the trail)! They were all proper stand asides for me on the single track sections. I've only really been mtb this year and I'm normally the one letting people past, so I am feeling pretty chuffed with myself! :D
Anyway, just wanted to share that bit of frivolity! :lol:
Hels

Comments

• Nice one, Hels :) and makes a pleasant change from women insisting they're rubbish :roll: . . . generally because they just happen to ride with people who are faster
  • Hels147
    Hels147 Posts: 15
    Thanks! It can be disheartening going out with others and also I find that trying to push for speed just to keep up can result in stupid mistakes. :(
    Tbh I do most of my trail riding alone and love it! :) I do sometimes go out with a couple of work colleagues (one male, the other female), but I'm generally faster than them, so it tends to be more social rides with them. I've started to use strava, so my rides are now against myself and if there's a section I'm not sure how to do, I just wait a while at the side of the trail and there's normally someone that comes along and you can watch what they do and see if you want to try copy them! Otherwise I see no shame in walking an obstacle, rather than risking a nasty crash (especially alone! Lol)
    I'm probably not as good as I hope I am, but I do know I'm better than some others!!! :lol:
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hels147 wrote:
    I'm probably not as good as I hope I am, but I do know I'm better than some others!!! :lol:

Are you me??! :lol::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • miss notax wrote:
    Hels147 wrote:

Are you me??! :lol::lol:

Well, I am me, but I'm not you. Can we both be 'me'??!! :lol: :P :lol: